What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Me too!

Did the lower fueslage stitching on the Dr.I last night. Incorrect in terms of accuracy, but looks effective enough. Pics up tonight hopefully.

aaaaand I've finished masking the connie. this is the most work I've done on her in a month. lol I'll be spraying the wings and the bottom with chrome a lil later today. I've slid off the exterior wing fuel tanks since they're already white. one of them kind of broke off the wing tip but it's not too big a deal.

Last edited:
That's what I was using. I've never seen it that slow! Then it didn't even work because it was saying wrong filetype, despite the fact I re-saved them as a usable one.

Uploading again now. After seeing them on a bigger screen, I need to work on depth of field, as it's way too narrow right now.

Last edited:
Here are my Sabre and F-101 Voodoo. Both will be painted in Canadian markings and put on stands. They're both Revell, though the Voodoo's the Monogram one from the 80's. The Sabre's really good, and the Voodoo's surprisingly good. The detail's excellent, especially for a kit its age. Fit has been a minor issue in spots, but I've also made it harder for myself as I'm doing wheels and flaps up, which it wasn't designed to do. I've also had to sand off all of the formation strips which was a long job. I was surprised at how big it is, I don't know why as I've seen many of them, there's 2 here in Edmonton alone.

I've since put the nose on the Voodoo.

Nice work guys. The Sabre's a good old kit Cory, built a couple from that kit myself. Pity about the 'blank' intake, but it's not a major problem. Wouldn't mind doing a Voodoo either - I remember some colourful ones back in the late '50's or early 60's, I think at Bentwaters.

Users who are viewing this thread