What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lol SOMETIMES you suck, ter. but most of the time, like many other members on this forum, you're full of mint and awesome

btw, I started work on my '86 Chevy Monte carlo that I've been putting off for WAY too long. lol

Welllll, nuts.

I had started on my Hobby Boss M4A1 Sherman, but was having trouble getting into it.........

Then, like magic, a shipment from Squadron showed up.

In it, among others, was a Revell F9F-5P Panther jet.

So away went the tank, now on the bench (dining room table) is the Panther.

I'll get some pics soon......

tom

Sounds good Tom, is that the 1/48th scale kit? I've always liked the look of this 1950's jet, in the Navy overall blue scheme, with colourful tip-tanks and so on. Looking forward to seeing the pics mate.

My Phantom is coming along...

Also in the FAA theme I'm working on a late-variant Seafire, it's the Ventura/Jays Mk. 47 kit which is most likely to end up a Mk. 46. I realise these kits are aimed at "the experienced modeller" (i.e. not me) but seriously I feel like I'm only a step away from scratch-building the bloody thing, all the trimming, filing and sanding I've been doing. I'm sure the end result will be very satisfying. Only got some of the big bits partway prepared. Most likely I will cheat a bit and cannibalise some of the smaller parts (wheels, cockpit assembly, prop) from another kit.

Great work guys!

That spitty looks familiar somehow Tony..! My PR.XIX and MK.VIIIc are in similar state awaiting completion of fueslage thinning and wing clean up.
What's the fit of the wing halves like btw? The VIII's is goo , but the PR.XIX upperwing is wider than the lower by about 1 mm or so the whole length. Chop job on the way probably...

I believe CK's Phantom is the Fujimi FG1 or FGR2 Dwight - just love the Phantom!
BTW, CK, it might be the angle and the shadows in the photo, but is the Phantom's nose cone on upside down? I did that on one of my 1/48th RAF Phantoms without realising - only just spotted it in time, little blighter!

Looking good man!

Is that Mk VIII pretty good then Evan? I was looking at it on Jays site last night.

G'day mate!

Form-wise she's sweet, and panel lines beautifully fine and 'to scale', but as you might be able to make out from Tony's pic, the mouldings are thick (though easily sanded down luckily), and I would recommend changing the main undercrriage and various other parts (including cockpit parts) with items from the spares box...Canopies (2) are vac-form, and in closed position.

If I can get my A into G with the camera I'll post pics, though mine is currently in 'hacked' state, awaiting refurbishment as an LF.IXc for the D-day build...

BTW, CK, it might be the angle and the shadows in the photo, but is the Phantom's nose cone on upside down? I did that on one of my 1/48th RAF Phantoms without realising - only just spotted it in time, little blighter!

Hope not... I didn't stick it on, it was moulded onto the two halves of the fuselage

Actually it's been sprayed black and masked, maybe it's the masking tape that makes it look that way?

What's the fit of the wing halves like btw? The VIII's is goo , but the PR.XIX upperwing is wider than the lower by about 1 mm or so the whole length. Chop job on the way probably...

Can best be described as "getting there"... I'm going down the tool hire shop to pick up an industrial sander tomorrow, let you know after that

I used the Dremel for the thick runs and initial sanding out, then sanded by hand with various grades of sandpaper (rougher to finer of course). Final finishing with fine wet'n'dry paper still to be done...

Look forward to seeing your progress, and might get back into mine, just as moral support of course..!

I reckon it must be the tape, or lighting (on the Phantom) causing the illusion. As I mentioned, I once spent bl**dy ages converting and detailing a 1/48th F4J into the F4J(UK) for 74 Sqn, and noticed, just before the painting stage, that somehow I'd got the radar nose cone on upside down!!! Thankfully, it was saved, and turned out rather well.

Users who are viewing this thread