What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've done a lot more work on the Monte Carlo. I've assembled the engine, painted it, assembled the ventral part and attached the engine, wheels, and suspension. I've also airbrushed the interior a nice dark red. the dark red I have is too light, so I mixed in a bit of flat black and it went to a nice blood color. most cars in the 80's had a blood red interior which i think looks nice. i've still got some details to do on the interior.

I've also sprayed the body a chrome color. there's a couple mistakes I need to correct brfore I apply another coat of chrome and then a clear red.

some progress pics on the monte carlo

HPIM1499.jpg

HPIM1498.jpg

HPIM1497.jpg

HPIM1495.jpg

okidoke, peeps. my next project will be my very first diorama. I will be taking the Galileo 5 Shuttlecraft from the Enterprise-A kit and putting it on a strange planet similar to Earth. the planet is named Archer IV. the first planet the Enterprise NX-01 visits in the enterprise episode "Strange new World" I'm going to need some advice on grass and trees. I'll also be using some same scale figurines. i believe they're N scale? the scale of the shuttlecraft is NOT the same scale of the Enterprise.

here's my progress on the Shuttlecraft so far:
HPIM1506.jpg

Got a 'quick build', out of the box job as a commission for a friend, or at least I thought it would be a 'quick build' !
It's the 1/48th scale Airfix Harrier GR3, of 1417 Flight, RAF, Belize, where my mate served in the 1980's. Overall, it's quite a nice kit, somewhat simplified in its' layout, but should look quite nice when done. When first released in 2002 (now out of production), I seem to remember it got some poor reviews, I think concerning accuracy. Well, I haven't checked it against scale plans or whatever, but it looks like a Harrier to me! However, the decals for the Belizizn nose flash have the colours the wrong way around, and the fit of some parts is far from perfect. It took about three hours of filing, cutting, and trimming, just to dry-fit the cockpit area, and the locating tabs on the main wings are around 25% thicker than the slots they are supposed to locate in! No probs though, it all went together eventually, including the fitting of the rather nice pilot figure (my mate wanted 'him' in place), and I'll post some more pics as I finish the model.

Attachments

• Harrier 020.jpg
    Harrier 020.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 93
lookin gorgeous, Terry! :D this makes ME wanna do a harrier

Must admit, I only do the odd jet, and not that modern, considering they go up to the 1980's/90's, but doing this Harrier makes me want to do one for myself, along with a Sea Harrier, an A4-P Skyhawk and a Mirage, for a 'Falklands' theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back