What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

60th FS, 33TFW F-15 C as flown by our very own BiffF15

just about a million maintenance stencils to go !

Karl,

Looks great! Yes, those "No Step" stencils are very important! I only stepped on them about a 100 times. Or more. If it flexed when you put your foot down, then put your foot somewhere else. We didn't often go walk about on the top of the fuselage, mostly in exercises, checking for damage. There was something we would check on the starboard side (right), may have been to do with the gun, but I usually checked it from either the cockpit or just by standing on the left ramp.

The shot below was taken in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia in 93-94 timeframe. Second of eight times to the middle east.

Cheers,
Biff

Attachments

• IMG_1403-2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I may have a 1/48 pilot but dont think i have the correct scale Tache in my spares box though

Ok stencils and a flat coat on the Eagle flown by BiffF15 , hopefully get this one finished this week !

View attachment 602180View attachment 602181

Karl,

Looks great! Do you have a close up of the instrument panel? I just want to see what version it is, same with the stick grip. Does it come with the black boxes that go along the port side of the (AKA Bay 5) space behind the ejection seat? The repetitive pattern along the port wall is where they sit. I think the third one from the front was bigger than the rest.

Cheers
Biff

Best i can do I'm afraid, you'll notice i dont get bogged down on details not easily seen !
No black boxes behind the cockpit but as the canopy will be closed you wont see into that bay

Best i can do I'm afraid, you'll notice i dont get bogged down on details not easily seen !
No black boxes behind the cockpit but as the canopy will be closed you wont see into that bay

View attachment 602182

Karl

Good enough! The model company used the pre-AMRAAM cockpit which answers all my questions. The not quite square panel above the pilots left knee is called the Armament Control Set (ACS: pronounced AXE). In the AMRAAM capable jets, also called MSIP for Multi Staged Improvement Program, the ACS becomes the Programable Armament Control Set, or PACS. Surprising amount of detail, I recognize quite a few things! Not sure what the thing in the right footwell is...

Cheers,
Biff

Users who are viewing this thread