What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just "merely tolerated", not ignored? Anyhoo, looks like someone's been busy with the Motherland's VVS. Will it be three in winter camouflage? Looks great!

Thank you, Lucky! I was trying to be generous about the unfavorable comments. Yes, two will be in topsides white, one will have the front fuselage camouflaged with the rest white (that's the schizophrenic one in the pictures - for some reason, the Soviets often didn't apply winter camo to the fronts of planes). One already has its camouflage finished, in the early GPW scheme of black and green over blue, and the all-green topsides one I haven't decided exactly what paint scheme to finish it with, probably a late-war scheme with green, brown and gray. The white ones look so pristine now, but they are in for some serious weathering. The tough one will be the schizo model - trying to blend in the regular camo with the winter overwash. I'm actually looking forward to that one - should be a challenge. At any rate, when I get closer to completion on these, I will probably post some closeups of the individual models.

Venganza

Nice line up there V. You've almost got a full squadron; it'll be good to see the progress shots.

Thanks awfully, old horse! (With apologies to you, Lucky13 and the rest of the British-speaking world for my lame attempt at "British".) The best thing about the progress shots is to actually have some progress to shoot! Seriously, they seem to be coming along, and I'm determined not to let another kit(s) take my attention away from these, although, I do have the entire Meteor series waiting to be built, hmmm...

Venganza

Your kidding yourself mate if you think they don't look Great!

Looking forward to seeing them progress!

Thanks alot, 109! I'm glad you prodded me into posting the pictures. Now I'll have a photographic chronicle of my "masterpieces" in progress. Come to think of it, instead of being on the computer, I need to get off the PC and start working on them some more.

Venganza

Looking good sir!

Thank you Catch! On another subject, has there been any movement on your idea of gathering info on a particular plane all in one place? In keeping with my modelling project, I'm ready to roll ahead with the info I have on the Shturmovik.

Venganza

Yeah, go ahead and start it in the painting questions forum. I have the F4U-1/2 done, I didn't get a chance to get any more done on the weekend.

Nice lot of flying tanks you got there Venganza! Love the winter camo on any russian bird.
Thank you, Muller! I love the winter camo too. The winter Shturmoviks will look nice next to my winter I-153 and Li-2 (yes, I'm a bit of a VVS buff). Oh, and a blanket thank you to everyone else for their kind comments! (Catch, I'll check out that thread you mentioned and put in my entry for the IL-2.)

Venganza

Users who are viewing this thread