What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gave my 1/48th RAAF Mossie its first coat tonight of silver. High-lighted some extra work needed on the nose and also a nasty sink mark next to the navigator on the fuselage. Other than that it looks the right tone of silver.

Also gave my 66 Ford Fairlane a coat of silver (body and chassis). Thats being modified with big drag tyres on the back and a home made air intake.

Sorry no pics camera battery died.

Looking forward to both lots guys!
BTW Andy, whereabouts in Hungary are you? I've got a (Brit) friend there who has a bar/restaurant, and just bought an old farmhouse and some land, about an hour I think from Budapest.

my Bf109 K-4 is on hold untill i get some micro sol stuff (never used it before).
so ithought i'd start my revell 1/72 Me110 but was wondering how were the insides of the twin vertical stabiliser/rudders painted ?
the scheme i'm doing is RLM65/02/71 with the rudders painted yellow, if the outside of the stabilisers are mottled RLM02/71 would the insides be the same ?

No probs mate. I've got the Squadron/Signal book on the '110 which you can borrow, plus some period colour pics, scale plans, cutaways, internal shots....
I think you'd better come for a week, rather than a couple of days, as I can just see you, head stuck in the books etc! I was going to do a 1/48th Zerstorer for the GB, but tossed a coin, and the '109G6 won!

Here are a couple of more shots of my in progress IL-2's - a (relative) closeup of the black and green bird, and the schizo (mixed camo) version. I've attempted to blend in the normal camo scheme on the schizo one with the winter camo wash. I'm fairly pleased with the result. It occurs to me that I've been remiss in indentifying the kits my IL-2's are made from. In this case, the black and green model is from the Toko kit, and the mixed camo model is from the Smer kit (both 1/72nd scale, sorry Lucky13). Overall I'd give the Smer kit higher marks as it has a nicely done interior and better surface detail, but I think the width of the fuselage looks too small to me whereas with the Toko kit, although the interior isn't that great, and the underfuselage cooler treatment isn't very good, it looks about right in terms of the fuselage width. At any rate, they both look like Shturmoviks to me, and as I'm definitely not a rivet-counter, that's good enough for me.

Venganza

Attachments

• IL-2 - 1-Seater - Red 8 Model.bmp
    365.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IL-2 - Schizo Scheme.bmp
    365.8 KB · Views: 35
looks good Venganza!

Karl, I agree with Wojtek, the insides of the twin tailplanes should generally be painted as the outside, although there were occasional exceptions to the rule (individual He 219's sometimes varied, for example)

Great work Veganza

Got some batteries and my camera lives. Heres some shots of the Mosquito.
Had a minor scare as the tail wheel almost snapped off as i tried to take off the masking tape. Its ok tho...phew.

The area just infront of the cockpit needs a little tidying but the rear of fuselage came up better than I expected.

Attachments

• RAAF mossie.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 34
  • RAAF mossie1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread