What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've taken some of my free time (something of which I have OODLES of) and painted the tires on AF1. I believe what's next is putting the wheels on the gear struts and then I beleve the next thing would be to mask off the fuselage and mix up some silver or chrome and spray the hell outta this thing. heh

Made a start on my 1/48 Kittyhawk -

p1090225r.jpg

p1090226j.jpg

Cheers,
Tony.

A very nearly completed Special Hobby 1/72 Hawker Sea Hawk in an 800 NAS/HMS Ark Royal scheme... will be first completed build in nine months following bereavement, redundancy, house move, you name it... need to get something, anything, finished and on the shelf!

Finaly got the Fulmar they tried to diliver to the wrong address, wound up having to going to the post office to get.

The kit itself looks pretty good instructions tho almost too small and I'm really going to have to study them to build this one right.

and this will probably a slow build too as now everything is going for rent and other bills, so no supplies like paint for right now.

But here are the pictures hope Ive done them right.

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 80
This is still my Do 229 A-1. Been experimenting with panel lines. The left wing I used a pencil then a quick coat of future to seal it in. The right wing is just flat light blue. Still experimenting What do you all think? Suggestions please

Attachments

• DCP_1534.JPG
    DCP_1534.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DCP_1535.JPG
    DCP_1535.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I sure did Wayne. that's why I tried it here. Started on the bottom because of the lighter color. Only problem I had was when I put on the Future. It seemed like it washed the pencil marks right out of the grooves and smeared them. Also tried a GUNZE paint stick on the upper wing. The stick has a very fine tip which fit right into the panel groove but being paint ended up pretty dark even on the darker upper surface. Was thinking about putting Future on the other wing and then a wash and see how everything compares. What do you think of the left wing?

I sure did Wayne. that's why I tried it here. Started on the bottom because of the lighter color. Only problem I had was when I put on the Future. It seemed like it washed the pencil marks right out of the grooves and smeared them. Also tried a GUNZE paint stick on the upper wing. The stick has a very fine tip which fit right into the panel groove but being paint ended up pretty dark even on the darker upper surface. Was thinking about putting Future on the other wing and then a wash and see how everything compares. What do you think of the left wing?

Was the future brushed on? it may be the brushing process..maybe? I've always sprayed my clear coat, so haven't ever had this issue.

Now the darker upper wing might be better to future coat and do the wash process to get a better result.

Left wing looks ok to me in the photo...

Thanks Wayne, that's what I did, brush that is, since I was only doing one wing thought that was the best way. I'm learning. I'll pencil in the right and then spray and i'll see if that makes the difference. going to pick up some pastels this weekend and try the rivets

I have the Eduards Avia B.534 on the desk at the moment.the decals are about to go on Sunday letting the clear dry really good.I actually sprayed with some acrylics tonight with a MM acylic thinner and was a bit impressed.the only problem is I have a couple hundred plus in enamels going now but a slow change maybe at hand :dontknow: Cheers

Attachments

• DSC02353_edited (800 x 326).jpg
    DSC02353_edited (800 x 326).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02354_edited (800 x 598).jpg
    DSC02354_edited (800 x 598).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC02355_edited (800 x 779).jpg
    DSC02355_edited (800 x 779).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Back