What's the oldest kit in your stash?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm REALLY late to this thread but
Some years ago at an Arizona IPMS gathering the subject turned to kit collecting.
I did not fully appreciate the extent to which modelers (and I used to be one) collect unassembled kits.
Finally I opined that apparently some people still insist that closets are for clothes and hat boxes.
Sheesh.

And your point being????????
My pocketbook is Not equipped to line the pockets of others just to see boxes consumed by rodents!
Just sayin. But then at eighty how many could I possibly collect?

Fraction of the Stash, since I've been collecting for over 50 years

That Lysander, well, I'm not that old to have bought new, but picked that up as part of a collection

I am old enough to have bought 15cent Testors, but stopped that as soon as I found a shop that carried Pactra Authentic International Colors and the Humbrol Tins
Monogram, Renwal, Revell and Aurora kits never looked so good with decent flat paint

Collecting is a hobby too, and doesn't take as much effort as building.

But counting them? if the number was known, Mrs marathag, would raise an eyebrow. So it's just at 'Room full of models'. Beats me spending $$$ at a Bar or something.

Funny to see this thread what I started three years ago come back from the dead... my two oldest kits are no longer with me, IIRC they went in the direction of Kingkit... I'm pretty sure that the oldest kit in my stash now in terms of mould age is my Tamiya 1/35 SAS Jeep from 1974 (though it's the current boxing); oldest in terms of box age is this mid 90s Spitfire from Airfix:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread