When did you first become interested in Warbirds?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

airboy, not to be disrespectful, but that would be the find of the century. I don't know of any Me 262s that flew in private ventures until the recent new ones. If true that would be a hellava story!

No, you're wrong-my dad's friend has a -262 that he rebuilt in his spare time. His father had brought it home after the war (don't ask me how, 'cause I don't know) and kept it in the barn. He let it rot until he asked his son to rebuild it.

Not sure if a ME-262 would fit in a GI issue duffel bag. :rolleyes:

TO

Not sure if a ME-262 would fit in a GI issue duffel bag. :rolleyes:

TO

:lol:

that's not what I meant...
I wasn't talking about the actual thing...it was a model of the Me-262 with a model of me in it. Sorry, I should've made that clear... :oops: :oops: ...my bad... :oops:

Please forgive me if I offended anyone...I'm still learning online manners...

Last edited:
whew! No prob, just when you say something like that here, we believe it to be the real thing. :)

Sorry! :oops:
BTW, the story is B.S., but I couldn't help but put it there-it just seemed cool! But his father DID ask him to build a flying model of a -262 for his birthday, as he thought it just looked real good.

Again, sorry for the communication problem.

[whispering](But this proves that I did fly in one-even though i was a model!:))

Last edited:
I became interested in Warbirds while watching F-4's flying low by our house and taking off from our local airport.
Seeing the aircraft take off in pairs was something I will never forget.

This was in the early 1970's while Vietnam was still ongoing.

Wheelsup

Lets see here, you say this:

airboiy said:
No, you're wrong-my dad's friend has a -262 that he rebuilt in his spare time. His father had brought it home after the war (don't ask me how, 'cause I don't know) and kept it in the barn. He let it rot until he asked his son to rebuild it.

And then you say this:

airboiy said:
that's not what I meant...
I wasn't talking about the actual thing...it was a model of the Me-262 with a model of me in it. Sorry, I should've made that clear... ...my bad...

Please forgive me if I offended anyone...I'm still learning online manners...

And then you say this:

airboiy said:
Sorry!
BTW, the story is B.S., but I couldn't help but put it there-it just seemed cool! But his father DID ask him to build a flying model of a -262 for his birthday, as he thought it just looked real good.

Again, sorry for the communication problem.

[whispering](But this proves that I did fly in one-even though i was a model!)"

Kid, quit bullshitting, bullshitters...

As for learning online manners. Here is your first lesson.

1. Do not lie, especially on a forum where people know what they are talking about. You will only get burned in the end because you lose your credibility.

You do not have to lie to be a part of this forum. Everyone here knows you are not telling the truth. Quit while you are ahead. There is a lot to learn on this site, and making a fool of yourself does not help.

B17engineer at least had the cajones to admit it and apologize.

Shall we just start over airboiy? What got you interested in WWII aircraft?

My boy... you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar ! One lie leads to another, which leads to another.....
fess up and get it over with....

Charles

Alright...

My dad's friend had built an Me-262 that was made of paper and was powered by a rubber band/propeller. It was my birthday present when I was 5 and he had made a small paper model of me in the cockpit. Being youg, I thought it was the coolest thing around! The next day, however, it was destroyed when I fell on it. That's the truth.

Sorry about the B.S., but I only wanted to seem as cool as you guys, ya know? You all seem to be awsome in that you have all these great experiences, something I'll probably never be able to do...especially because of school, work, family, and that underestimated thing, life.

And ur Mommy and Daddy didnt teach u how to behave and properly interact with human beings in public??? Do u lie to all ur "college" buddies about who u are and what u've done in ur life????

26176.jpg

There's no reason to BS this stuff on this site. 3/4 of us haven't had the experiences of flying in a warbird or something similar (myself included), but nobody cares. It's not about what you've done, and what you've seen, it's about your love of warbirds and history. It's not really a big deal, but you don't need to pretend to be a contributing member here.

Airboiy, I would suggest a major cleaning up with the facts - this ain't a kiddie website that laughs at that stuff. Alot of members do serious research and can't have someone BSing everything they say. As in life, it'll get ya nowehere except 3 hots and a cot with a nice orange jumpsuit.

Alright...

My dad's friend had built an Me-262 that was made of paper and was powered by a rubber band/propeller. It was my birthday present when I was 5 and he had made a small paper model of me in the cockpit. Being youg, I thought it was the coolest thing around! The next day, however, it was destroyed when I fell on it. That's the truth.

Sorry about the B.S., but I only wanted to seem as cool as you guys, ya know? You all seem to be awsome in that you have all these great experiences, something I'll probably never be able to do...especially because of school, work, family, and that underestimated thing, life.

There is no reason to be that way. No one here will think you are "uncool" because of any of this.

Just quit lying and tell the truth. If you do such things, no one will have a problem with you.

By the way, you forgot that your Profile states that you are 14 and it has been one year, so that makes you 15. So we know that you are not a freshman in college. This is directly from your profile:

airboiy.jpg

You do not need to pretend to be something that you are not. In fact other than being annoying it is rather uncool. It does the complete opposite of what you want it to do. If you want to be accepted on this forum, be yourself! Stop acting like a turd and lying. You will be accepted and you will learn lots of cool things.

Last edited:
Dad was from the "greatest generation." He was an airplane mechanic, and worked on all kinds of different planes. Had uncles who flew b-17s and B-26s. So I was exposed early on. Really getting back into it now, and having fun.

Since you seem to have a problem with truth in your postings, I am going to give you one warning, airboiy. Straighten up and stop posting lies, or you will be out of here. This is not a kiddie playground and bullshit doesn't sit well here.

You don't have real-world experiences? Who cares! This is a place to discuss and learn, not practice lying. Members here who share "cool experiences" here as you call them, are doing it for others to learn from.

Straighten up and fly right, or you will be banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back