Which one...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Elmas

Staff Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
Italy
do you prefer?

lamborghini-reventon-f22-raptor.jpg

They both look like men so I'm not interested in either one.

A Friend of mine in 1980 was a very young first Lieutenant of the Aeronautica Militare Medical Corp in the then multinational Decimomannu AFB.

One of his Colleagues from an Italian Air base went to Deci for a drill of his Stormo and my Friend went to pick up him directly to the plane: they just sit on the car and my Friend sees his Friend opening his eyes wide, looking astonishingly at some distant soldiers in a mimetic dress walking along the road.

The car overtake the soldiers and the guy turn completely his neck to look at them directly.

"Thank Godness!" the guy says "I'm still on this side. I was pleased to death by those a***s…"

Women were admitted in the Italian Military Forces just middle '90s.

Last edited:
Women were admitted in the Italian Military Forces just middle '90s.

Back in the late 70's I was walking to my flight in a major airport, like Atlanta, DFW or St Louis, and was stunned by what I took to be a couple of dozen female US Marines, and every one of them was a knockout. I wondered if the USMC had some kind of Amazon force or recruiting dance troop.

Later I realized they were a bunch of Eastern Airlines stewardesses, no doubt on their way to work.

Back in the late 70's I was walking to my flight in a major airport, like Atlanta, DFW or St Louis, and was stunned by what I took to be a couple of dozen female US Marines, and every one of them was a knockout. I wondered if the USMC had some kind of Amazon force or recruiting dance troop.

Later I realized they were a bunch of Eastern Airlines stewardesses, no doubt on their way to work.
Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time:love4:

If I see another shot of stiletto heels on bare polished aluminum I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Note what the Ercoupe girl has for footwear.

Reminds me of a story I heard where a young lady spun in a Luscombe 8A. It landed upside down in a marsh and the damage was not bad, but she then ran down the wing in high heels and that totaled the airplane.

If I see another shot of stiletto heels on bare polished aluminum I'll have a nervous breakdown.

Note what the Ercoupe girl has for footwear.

Reminds me of a story I heard where a young lady spun in a Luscombe 8A. It landed upside down in a marsh and the damage was not bad, but she then ran down the wing in high heels and that totaled the airplane.
No wonder she spun in! High heels on those itty-bitty rudder pedals and even smaller heel brakes; if she didn't spin it in, she'd surely ground loop it on landing!
Had a lot of fun in the 8A, but only if I wore those itty-bitty rock climbing sneakers. Slithering in and out of that tiny cockpit was an exercise in flexibility and elasticity. Can't do it today.
If I took anyone with me, she had to be petite, 'cause I took up 3/4 of the space. Elbows and knees constantly poking my "hostage" and I had to make sure her door was securely locked, 'cause she'd be leaning on it the whole time! It's funny, I can't remember that any of them ever came back for another flight.
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back