Why bacon is the most important food that has ever existed...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20180117_200047.jpg

Just tried some Andouille smoked bacon from Whole Foods here in Colorado, man that stuff is good.

While I agree in principle with "The Eagle has Landed"--on the need for this topic on a aviation forum, I am always looking to expand my knowledge base, ergo: Can anyone explain the term "rasher" as it pertains to a serving of "Pork Bellies" -- I ask with the caveat that due to my sodium-free diet, bacon is a No-No for me, ditto hot dogs and corned beef hash-all former favorites on my "training table", so to speak. Hansie

How do you get the salt out of bacon?
Method:
  1. Bring a shallow pan of water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
  2. Place bacon in simmering water for 30-60 seconds.
  3. Blot it dry with paper towels.
  4. Cook it however you would normally.

You are breaking my heart, Fubar.. Damn, I can almost smell the sizzle. But, according to the flight surgeon (sic) bacon has high sodium concentrates, and that can kick the old blood pressure into Mach 3. Since other male members of my family "bought the farm" from hypertension, and I want to live long enough to bore see any future grandchildren, I'll have to pass. Dang it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back