Why bacon is the most important food that has ever existed...

IMG_20180117_200047.jpg
 
Just tried some Andouille smoked bacon from Whole Foods here in Colorado, man that stuff is good.
 
And this needed a thread?
 
One always enjoys Bacon
 
While I agree in principle with "The Eagle has Landed"--on the need for this topic on a aviation forum, I am always looking to expand my knowledge base, ergo: Can anyone explain the term "rasher" as it pertains to a serving of "Pork Bellies" -- I ask with the caveat that due to my sodium-free diet, bacon is a No-No for me, ditto hot dogs and corned beef hash-all former favorites on my "training table", so to speak. Hansie
 
A Rasher is a single piece of Bacon.
Thanks. I always thought it was a term for 3 strips of bacon- kind of a moot point for me now, as I can't eat even 1 piece of bacon. Oh well!!
 
How do you get the salt out of bacon?
Method:
  1. Bring a shallow pan of water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
  2. Place bacon in simmering water for 30-60 seconds.
  3. Blot it dry with paper towels.
  4. Cook it however you would normally.
 
You are breaking my heart, Fubar.. Damn, I can almost smell the sizzle. But, according to the flight surgeon (sic) bacon has high sodium concentrates, and that can kick the old blood pressure into Mach 3. Since other male members of my family "bought the farm" from hypertension, and I want to live long enough to bore see any future grandchildren, I'll have to pass. Dang it!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back