Will's Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will_Derby

Airman
Dec 30, 2009
Hi Guys,
as some of you know i have recently started making the Airfix Supermarine Spitfire MkIX. So i thought i would give you all an update on what it was looking like at the moment...from now till its finished if you like : )

After alot of problems and queries i have finaly got to the camoflarging stage. However i am still awaiting the Landing gear piece's that Worger has sent me and after they arrive i can add in the Air Intakes and some other final details such as the Tailwheel and the Radio attena. But now i think its time for a few pictures of were i am on the model at the moment in time.
Sorry some of them are blury....camara is screwed

SNC12962.jpg

SNC12963.jpg

SNC12964.jpg

SNC12965.jpg

SNC12966.jpg

SNC12968.jpg

And a nice one of the weather while im at it : ) it was snowing when i took this one!!!

SNC12971.jpg

Thanks guys!!!
2nd coat of Dark green paint has just gone on and its lookinh alot better! Sadly once i have finsished the cammo ive got to put the Spit to one side for abit as the parts wurger has sent have not yet arrived due to the 2ft of snow that surrounds are village! Once i have finnished the camo i will post some pictures and i will be starting the Messerschmitt Bf110 which came with the Spitfire MkIX in the "Dogfight Doubles" kit. Hopefully this plane wont be as painfull as the spit : )

Thanks again

Will

Thanks for the comments on the spit! : ) (and yes...there 2 ft of snow outside now hehe) But now it is time to put the spit to one side and start a new build while i await the parts that Wurger has sent. once they have arrived i will be able to fit them and finish the spit. But untill them here are some pictures of how far i have gotten at the moment.

SNC12972.jpg

SNC12973.jpg

SNC12974.jpg

SNC12975.jpg

SNC12976.jpg

Now for the next project. This next model came with the Spit in the "Dogfight Double" boxed kit. Yes, its the
Messerchmitt Bf110. this models looks in some ways easyer and in others harder. but i recon i can manage it!
TheSprues comes neatly packaged in a clear bag and the canopy in a seperate bag.

SNC12981.jpg

SNC12979.jpg

SNC12982.jpg

Thanks

Will

I made that 110 aswell back in 1984/5. I don't remember there being any major problems with construction, though the canopy was very thick, and the undercarriage legs should be reinforced for strength inside the nacelles. (No undercarriage well rooves are supplied, so the legs have been moulded longer to enable them to be glued to the inside of the upper nacelles.)
Are you making 5F+CM? I have a photo of her down on the deck after her forced landing.

The camo looks really nice Will. But you have to pay more attention to these fuselage seams.Also make a better focus on fitting of parts.That's for future.:)

Thanks for all the comments guys,
I have now come to another stand still, i managed to resolve the glue crisis but now ive got another problem. I am missing a Tailwheel and the radio attena for the spit..i beleive ive lost them by leaving them on the desk while i had no glue....and poof they have vanished!
Also...after alot of sanding and cutting i have come to a stand still with the wheels Wurger kindly sent me as iam unable to get them to fit by about 2 mill...if i take that off i risk dammaging the look so im stumped. If you want i can post imaged shortly.

Also if anyone has a spair tailwheel or attena for a Spit MK IIa that you are not using then may i please have it as im pretty sure i wont be finding them in!

Thanks

Will

Hi Will,

It seems that the carpet monster caught them. :lol:

Send a few pics please.We will try to advice something.

Wish you had posted this a week earlier... just got done throwing out some old models from when I was 8 and could have slavaged the parts... yes Wojtek they were 1/72 scale and then I realized they were too small :lol:

Antenna won't be a problem....sprue, or plasitcard.

You are correct about the antenna mast Harry. The tail wheel is not a problem as well.

1/72 too small.... or your fingers became thicker...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back