*** Winners – JUDGED COMPETITION GB 26 “The Jet Age ” ***

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
As the Members Poll draws to a close, here we present the Category Winners for the Jet Age or what could have Been Group Build.

The Winners for GB 26 are….
And again Thanks for your patience….

Category 1 Beginner / Novice / Casual CATEGORY.

We had no new Members completing entries in this Section this time around.

Category 2 Intermediate / Casual CATEGORY.

Again 7 completed entries rounded out this section from our Members ,

1st Place : Jerry - Ohm-men for his 1/48 Me262B-1
2nd Place : Don - Donivamp for his 1/48 F-111A
3rd Place : Karl - 1/48 EE Canberra

Category 3 Experienced / Expert CATEGORY.

3 Members completed 4 models in this group and a tie for Third place, again the scores were very close with only a few points separating the final results!

1st Place : John - Jkim for his 1/48 Me262B-1a
2nd Place : Glenn - T-Bolt for his 1/48 F-84E
3rd Place : George - Fubar57 for his 1/48 Meteor F-1

CONGRATULATIONS therefore go to Jerry and John for their Winning entries and also to the second and Third place getters in each category.

And the other Important part….. We appreciate the time and effort put in by all participants at the various levels, and the outstanding exchange of Information, Hints, Tips, Parts and Decals to those who required something to help their project, this alone shows the fantastic willingness of ALL to help each other and is the real backbone of the Group build experience….

Please continue to support the Group Builds in any way you can whether you build something or just enjoy watching others do their stuff!
We want this to be a friendly atmosphere and above all…..have FUN first and Foremost!
A BIG Thanks to…The Judging Panel for their time and effort !

Well done Jerry and John, it was a very competitive field with some hard choices needed. So well done to everybody and thanks for putting all those great entries.

Congrats to Jerry on his beautiful 262 and to all of the other builders that contributed their jets to this GB. Jets are not my preferred subject so I only contributed this single model. I definitely had some preconceptions on what this bird was going to look like (grey on grey mottling over black) but it turned out much differently than what I expected. I think that illustrates why I like these GB's so much. I'm actually learning things about the aircraft that I am building and incorporating those things as I build... how cool is that? Thanks to everyone who participate in these GB's and especially to all of the judges for their expertise and advice!

Well done guys. Can some of you TRY to make your wheels crooked, add finger prints, silver your decals, leave seams visible, or get glue on your canopies next time to make judging a bit easier please? :lol:

Undoubtedly these can help with the judging process. :lol:

I wish!!
b0227.gif

Oh my....Wow...I'm honored!!!!
Modelling has a bit slow as of late due to life getting in the way!
Though this "prize" is just what I needed to get back to it!!!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get the Blenheim finished in time (even with an extension of the GB) due to the fact it needs more work then I anticipated and the fact I need to buy some aftermarket parts for it. Oh, well I hope to make up for it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the gold :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back