World War 2 Trivia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

December 2, 1943 German air attack on the port of Bari, Italy. Germans sunk 17 Allied ships, damaged eight.

TO

Like your comparison with English/Olde English, Njaco! It's a bit like the dialect where I originate from, in the North East of England. It's known as 'Geordie', and bears more resemblance to old Danish than modern English!
O.K., here's one, not QUITE WW2, but close enough.
What was the Spitfire nearly called, instead of 'Spitfire'?

Like your comparison with English/Olde English, Njaco! It's a bit like the dialect where I originate from, in the North East of England. It's known as 'Geordie', and bears more resemblance to old Danish than modern English!
O.K., here's one, not QUITE WW2, but close enough.
What was the Spitfire nearly called, instead of 'Spitfire'?

Not to derail this thread, but that part of Britain/England WAS known as the Danelaw at one time, so it makes sense . . . .

You're right, Stitch. I'd totally forgotten that!
Just to add, in a recent survey in the U.K., the 'Geordie' dialect came out tops as the 'coolest accent'. Divinah wy!

Name this boat.....

Dutch submarine, built by the British, based in Australia and under American command. Sunk a German U-boat that was on it's way to Japan with technical data in 1944.

TO

Name this boat.....

Dutch submarine, built by the British, based in Australia and under American command. Sunk a German U-boat that was on it's way to Japan with technical data in 1944.

TO

was the crew Dutch? Gotta love sub on sub violence!

I bet it means "Swordfish"

Yup Dave, you're right of course!
Njaco, sorry, the reference to English was a reply to Dave (Grau Geist), I was half asleep at the time of posting!!
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back