Worlds Greatest Rock Roll Singer...

Worlds Greatest Rock Roll Singer...

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw Queen in Phoenix in 79' I think it was. Stoned as all hell with hair down to my ass. Moved to Kent, Wa. in 87' and saw PR and Queen in April 2006. All four original guys have had degrees and May had gotten his Masters in Astrophysics. Arguably the most highly educated band in rock history.

You youngsters, there is only ONE, Buddy Holly. Elvis, while OK, was a white man, so acceptable to the "establishment", who sounded Black so he could appeal to the teeny-boppers. Had Buddy lived, Rock Roll would be far far different. The Day the Music Died! 3 Feb 59

"Drove my Chevy to the levy......"

I voted for Robert Plant when this poll came out years ago and it still stands.

While many a great singer listed (it was a tough call with Freddy on the list) Plant got my vote because of his versatility and range. Being an armchair critic with music I love a band that when one first hears a song, it sounds different than the last song and Plant did that. Snarl to a scream? Plant had that all over. One of the first innovators of starting quietly and then exploding. Listen to any song by Zep and check the vocal range that Plant employs. "Immigrant Song" is one that comes to mind. Starts the song with some tribal scream and then takes it down a notch for the lyrics only to go high register for the chorus. Compare the different style of singing between "Four Sticks" , "Hot Dog", "Going to California", "Communication Breakdown". Amazing that they're sung by the same vocalist.

Boys,boys,boys......

Best male singer of all time...
"The KingOf Cool" Dean Martin.

Best female singer of all time...
"Mama" Cass Elliott.

Will mention.....
George Jones
Waylon Jennings
Buddy Holly
Ricky Nelson
"The King"
Ann Margret....Was it her voice or HER ???????
Natlie Cole
Doris Day

Boys,boys,boys......

Best male singer of all time...
"The KingOf Cool" Dean Martin.

Best female singer of all time...
"Mama" Cass Elliott.

Will mention.....
George Jones
Waylon Jennings
Buddy Holly
Ricky Nelson
"The King"
Ann Margret....Was it her voice or HER ???????
Natlie Cole
Doris Day
I onlt see 3 rock singers there, Elvis Holly, Cass how did Doris Day get there . Que SerA

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back