Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commandos

• The Flying Tigers

• El Alamein

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ohhh, Aozora, you did it now!!!!! Posting filth on this forum is not allowed!!!

here-comes-the-ban-hammer-6DW7F2.jpg

:)

There were are a few moments of wow that is impressive photograpny, the opening few seconds, and the P-40 getting airborne. I did like the drama captured in the hospital, Tora! Tora! Tora! failed to capture the human cost of the battle. However, it is overall, pretty crap. I went to Hawaii in June with my girlfriend, and I wanted her to have an idea what the movie was about and I guess this was the point of Pearl Harbor, to educate more people who wouldn't otherwise take an interest. She took an interest, and could appreciate the story when we visited Pearl Harbor itself.
Still, I think Ben Afleck and Josh Hartnet are a couple of right plonkers, they are as convincing as pilots, as I am at key hole surgery.

yakflyer

"I missed you like Michael Bay missed the mark, when he made Pearl Harbor.

I missed you more than that movie missed the point, and that's an awful lot girl.

Now, now you've gone away, all I'm trying to say, Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you.

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school, he was terrible in that film.

I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a better part, he's way better than Ben affleck, now, now you've gone away, and all I'm trying to say, is Pearl Harbor sucked, and I missed you!"

etc etc etc etc It sounds better when I actually sing it!

Just saw Mosquito Squadron on TV last night. Well, actually I fell asleep shortly after it started...

Anyway, has any one noticed that the V-1s being launched at the beginning of the movie were actually the Fi103r?

I have a feeling that falling asleep was probably a good thing :lol:

-So many to choose from and the competition is stiff.
-Being limited to one I'll have to go with Pearl Harbor. The premise was ludicrous, the acting terrible and much of the costuming was from the wrong era. Given when it was made there was certainly no logical reason for so many inaccuracies to be crammed into so short a period.
-I guess it just says something not very nice about both script writers and the viewing public.

Long ago and lost in mists of time, I saw a movie on TV that was bad. The only scene I remember was a couple of Allied planes strafing the train our heroes were on. The soundtrack was playing "In the Mood". That part was kinda' cool.

Mersch made a bunch of Mosquito films back i n the day - featuring exploits loosely based on the RAF 617 Sqnd (Lancaster missions) and No. 106 Mosquito pathfinder. The plots weren't much but the flying scenes were interesting to watch. Wouldn't fall asleep, IIWY
:salute:

Last edited:
Film makers are not interested in making good or bad movies. Their only interest is Profit. "Worst Movie' is very subjective. We all have certain expectations when we watch a film and we may agree that some films are bad and others good in a very general sense, but when it comes to rating particular movies we each have our individual parameters. Even very bad movies can have either a very accurate or very creditable scene while the rest of the film, to us as individuals, can be an unqualified disaster. The film 'Pearl Harbor' has the well deserved status as a bad film, but the scenes where the actor Jon Voight plays the part of Franklin Roosevelt are well done, even if they may not have actually happened. I can name a war film that most people consider very good, if not great film, which in my opinion, is absolutely awful with no excusable or redeeming features.
Let's get back to possibilities.
Just off the cuff, let me nominate 'Flyboys' as a supremely bad film.

Last edited:
I would dare to say Red Fails was as much a travesty, as Telly Savalas' Blather of the Bulge (1965) replete with his rather dubious acting, woeful dialogue, dubious character motivation and so many Panzer sins, location was awful so obviously shot in Sierras de Guadarrama and not Ardennes they might have well just shot it in Utah or Nevada or somewhere similar. Oh, so many sins In Bulge of the Battle. Alas, Red Tails comes off quite well in comparison excluding the "Baddies always wear black" fantasy Totenkopf Bf109s and miraculous UFO like handling of P51's.
I forgot about the Battle of the Bulge movie. Telly Savales standing up in his tank (where the turret used to be) brandishing a 50 cal challenging the Wehrmacht is memorable. Just not in the way intended.

Blasphemy! Let's not overlook the bizarre plot logic of the British volunteering to engineer and construct the damn bridge they took such pride in that was killing them, which was then blown up (?) amid these erstwhile navvies glee(?).
I think something about the actual Thai-Burma rail would hve been so much more poignant- and very possibly Americans involved as well as the the Romusha paid laboureres (Phillipines, Thais, Malays, people from modern-day Indonesia)) all suffering (of course POW's far worse off vs Romusha) for a Japanese plan.
I still like the opening with the POW's marching to the Colonel Bogie March.

I'm voting for PH just because of the Zero ambush at the control tower scene - dumbest scene in history of movie making industry :D....
That is a mighty strong claim considering how many awful movies there are. Still, you may be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back