Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commandos

• The Flying Tigers

• El Alamein

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PH was riddled with complete fiction. Portraying Doolittle as a foul-mouthed hot-head was complete fiction. His staff and friends were all livid with that portrayal. They said he was cool and calculating a never cursed. Having had a distant cousin on the raid and having read Doolittle's biography, I can tell the screenplay writers had NO idea about the man.

The portrayal of Americans as the great saviors of Britain during the BoB was a HUGE disservice to the brave boys of the RAF who had the help of only about a handful of Americans, who, while giving a small amount of help, were by no means more than a very small few bits of cannon-fodder. Please, Hollywood, you owe every person who saw that pile of dung a refund, and an apology.

Don't think they'll issue one, from what I understand, most of the people from Hollywood are too full of themselves to apologize.

PH was riddled with complete fiction. Portraying Doolittle as a foul-mouthed hot-head was complete fiction. His staff and friends were all livid with that portrayal. They said he was cool and calculating a never cursed. Having had a distant cousin on the raid and having read Doolittle's biography, I can tell the screenplay writers had NO idea about the man.

Yes. Casting Alec Baldwin as Jimmy Doolittle (one of my favorite WW II heroes), added insult to injury!

TO

Again there are certainly stand out shockers from this list. Definitely up there is both "U-571" and "Pearl Harbor" both truely terrible movies although I can actually just about watch both (Pearl Harbor was on TV the other night and I did watch it for some reason). Certainly it could be any one from the list but still for me despite the cracking cocks ups that are present on this list it has to be "Pearl Harbor". Love triangles broken up by the Japanese and the slight impression the Americans won the Battle of Britain, could it be any worse ;)

G - very good synopsis! I voted Pearl Harbor as not only the worst war movie but one for the books in Movie Hall of Shame. The acors and the writers and the producers should have been sued by the Doolittle family for picking a total retard to play Doolittle. And of course, the Americand Did need some help to 'win BoB' - didn't they?

If we went four deep, Memphis Belle is another dish of Twaddle. Morgan must have thrown up (if he could have EVER been persuaded to watch that abortion). Lousy selection of actors, lousy actors, lousy script, lousy special effects, lousy movie - did I leave anything out?

Based on the votes so far, looks like PH has just about "retired the trophy" as Worst WWII Movie.

It's in the running for Worst Movie of All-Time, regardless of subject matter.

TO

I hate Brokeback Mountain...Especially the whole gay cowboy thing.
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

The thing I hate MOST about Broke Back Mountain is the fact that everyone thinks they were gay cowboys- They were Sheep men, NOT cowboys.

Being a former working cowboy from Wyoming I cannot even get into how I feel about this movie with out ruining my whole weekned (and the wife's) with the mood I will be in. Pearl Harbor is almost as bad- and yes- I saw through about the first half hour of Broke Back Mountain (Before the man love started happening) and there was so many flaws in the normal working scenes that I would have gave up on it anyway...

The thing I hate MOST about Broke Back Mountain is the fact that everyone thinks they were gay cowboys- They were Sheep men, NOT cowboys.

Being a former working cowboy from Wyoming I cannot even get into how I feel about this movie with out ruining my whole weekned (and the wife's) with the mood I will be in. Pearl Harbor is almost as bad- and yes- I saw through about the first half hour of Broke Back Mountain (Before the man love started happening) and there was so many flaws in the normal working scenes that I would have gave up on it anyway...
Okay..Gay sheepmen, what's the difference it still makes me do this...:puke::)

Whatever it is, I don't need to watch a movie about it. I almost did a technicolor yawn just reading about it.

If we're talking about authenticity, then I have a moment. In watching The Guns of Navarone there is a scene in which a truck in German occupied Greece is tooling along on the road....Only problem is the "Dodge" on the tailgate. Hard to take seriously after that.

But I voted for Pearl Harbor. What utter bullstuff.

Gotta go with Midway for the simple reason, in one clip Heston is in a Hellcat, then a Wildcat, Avenger,Helldiver and on and on. I think I may have seen a clip with him in an F4, smokin' engines and all. I still enjoy the movie though.

Vote for Pearl Harbour..its crap and every knows it

I agree Coors, Shaw should have got an oscar nod for that one scene, it was magic.

Its been YEARS since I'd seen that movie, but when reading a book about the Indy, that is the scene that came to mind time and time again as the author was describing the days and nights spent floating in the open ocean. Haunting and tragic...you felt like you were there with him.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled PH bash.

I voted for PH of course. The BoB part is just........ Aside of surviving the crash in POLISH 303rd SQUADRON MARKED SPITFIRE, not mentioning the way it was givent to him just with the blood of previous user on the windscreen, Outmanouvering the zero with BOTH hands on the stick and moving around the cockpit like having an ar*e on fire and a very quick transition to a bomber pilot. The only good point of the movie is Kate ( by the Gods I love this Woman).

For the Memphis Belle, Dirty Dozen and Battle of the Bulge they started my interest in WWII so I will always remember them good. I was totally disappointed by Mosquito Squadron - successor of 633 squadron using most of its aerial shots anyway. And a VERY poor acting. Not mentioning American Squadron Leader and on Indian Pilot, AFAIR flying in Turban.

Gotta be Pearl Harbor; "typical" British airfield consisted of tents next to a big house: "hero" given a Spitfire full of shell holes with smashed, blood spattered canopy; shoots down an He 111 and two Bf 109s with three precision bursts...heroically force 4 A6Ms to collide...what's not to like?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJPCjdQQzg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back