Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commandos

• The Flying Tigers

• El Alamein

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree on the hokiness about Raid on Romel (Mostly footage from Tobruck) I give it a pass in my book despite being a bad movie because it was the movie as a 6 or 7 year old made me learn what the Africa Korps was and got me started on European WWII History-I agree it's a cheesy movie and I guess I didn't make it clear enough, it needs to be on the list.

I like Midway too and I'm the one guy on the site who thought the little aside with the Japanese girlfriend wasn't that out of place or prespective (Didn't take over the whole damn movie like Pearl Harbor) In fact one of the things watching Midway I have fun doing is figuring out what scene each piece of footage is. The Hellcats and all that don't bother me that much either, it's telling the story (and the storyline is great) and they used what footage they could.
Hope I didn't sound that harsh on Midway. I like it but wouldn't say it's the best and didn't vote for it, so maybe I'm out of place bringing it up on this thread...

Well
for my part, I'm going to stick up for Where Eagles Dare, it was only a dramatisation of a McLean book and I don't think it ever pretended to portray a genuine event, even tongue-in-cheek.

It's by no means the worst film on that list.

Pearl Harbor by a mile. In one word......UNWATCHABLE!

BTW, "The Dirty Dozen" is one of my favorites!

TO

What ever Pearl Harbour was supposed to be, the only part that could have been reasonable, from an aviation viewpoint, was totally screwed up by atrocious photography. That was the use of real Spitfires, and a Bf109 (OK, a Buchon), where the aerial 'action' shots were badly framed, with terrible composition, and mostly out of focus! After that, then seeing a Spit hit the drink at a steep angle, at a fair rate of knots, and the pilot not only surviving, but escaping from the sinking 'craft, I gave up - didn't see much more of the rest!

then seeing a Spit hit the drink at a steep angle, at a fair rate of knots, and the pilot not only surviving, but escaping from the sinking 'craft, I gave up - didn't see much more of the rest!

Haha I totally agree. Fortunately for the main female character that type of crash is survivable if your in love, and when you just float on conviniently over to France, they'll just ship you back to America. It was nice that the tides moved the pilot right to land... I thought the P-40's looked nice, but that was about it. I just kept laughing every time some major aerial event like the Battle of Britian, Attack on Pearl Harbor, or the Doolittle raid kept interrupting the love plot.

Come to think of it Windtalkers was pretty bad as well... I wasn't sure what other people thought of it, but i thought it was a pretty bad movie with a low budget, I love when they used file footage for the battleships. CHEAP!

Last edited:
PH was an abomination. I've watched it twice with the wife and she gets pissed when I ridicule it......all the way through. I did not see one movie worth mentioning as worst.........Air Force. Yes this movie was made at the beginning of the war and it is pure propoganda, but I am sure the B-17 crews that watched it got a good laugh. The Eagle Has Landed was horrible as well, enough melodrama to choke an Elephant.

I can kinda understand some of the older movies being a tad on the hokie side, but the newer ones.....oui fricken vais!

I have to vote for PH, that was just plan RUDE of the Japanese to attack during a love story!!

Pearl Harbor sucked. The acting sucked. The story line was shite. Any resemblence to WWII was fancy. And did anyone think there was gay overtones in the pilot's relationship? :shock:

I own and love the Dirty Dozen. But c'mon. It's campy crap kid stuff.

Anyone who badmouths The Great Escape will burn in hell. :lol: Just read some authentic accounts of that Stulag and you would be astonished at how innovative our warriors were. If you think they took artistic license, you are wrong, Wrong, WRONG. The truth is more fantastic than the movie.

Greatest disappointment in a movie? Cabanatuan. Some of the sneek-and-peek scenes were comical. Unjust for such a fantastic story of heroes.

And now the Worst WWII Movie EVER....

1981 Victory with Sylvestor Stallone. An gem of utter crap.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26zDVvgjfI

Anyone who badmouths The Great Escape will burn in hell. :lol: Just read some authentic accounts of that Stulag and you would be astonished at how innovative our warriors were. If you think they took artistic license, you are wrong, Wrong, WRONG. The truth is more fantastic than the movie.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26zDVvgjfI
then if you like the Great Escape check out Colditz those guys had super escape plans including making their own glider, which was recently reproduced and flown

Gotta say Pearl Harbor. Pretty much just like Titanic(although I do like the movie Titanic) I always found it funny when Ben Afflecks character tells his buddies not to climb with zeros in the P-40, yet five minutes keeps up with a zeke in a climb, and in a turn! Also, having his spitfire hit the water at that speed would be like hitting concrete, funny how he didn't get smeared across the channel.

then if you like the Great Escape check out Colditz those guys had super escape plans including making their own glider, which was recently reproduced and flown

I saw a PBS special on that. They had the two guys there that designed the glider and it flew beautifully.

"Victory"! Matt, totally forgot about that one - which is a good thing. :) Typical Stallone "B" movie. Uughhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back