Wright Flyer 2 at Huffman Prairie

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

John Reid

Airman
Jun 18, 2018
Montreal Canada
I want to avoid doing the Flyer 1 and do something a little different. My Flyer will be a Box Diorama of the Flyer 2 in the hangar/shed at Dayton Ohio, the worlds first airfield(airport) and the site of the first aircraft hangar.
001.JPG

This is the shed as it was until today. At 40 inches I found it too long so I cut it back to 36 inches. The aircraft wingspan is 30 inches and it was slid in sideways without the front or rear of the airplane attached. How the rest of the aircraft will be stored will be decided later. This diorama will depict the Flyer in the hangar in Fall at the end of the flying season.

these are my latest pics, most of this is self-explanatory. Any questions are welcome. I don't have any idea of how the same pics were posted twice.

Wright Flyer 2.
001.JPG

The shed floor is in and now I am working on the back wall.I will take it down when finished and weather it in my usual manner. I am assuming here that the shed was not built from new wood but old barn wood found lying around the area. From all the pics that I have seen this seems to be the case.

This will be a box diorama lit from above, therefore, I have no plans to build the roof. The ends of the box will show the interior of the ends only. It will be viewable only from the front which will be also restricted to things that I want to be seen by the viewer.

What a good job you have so far John! :idea:

Can you share a photo, or the actual photo of where you are based for your project as a whole? :scratch:
The pieces of wood on the floor, is it real wood? The hobnails of each board are simulated?

Saludos amigo.:thumbup:

Thanks for your answers John.
We will gladly enjoy how it is taking shape. On what scale are you doing, 1/48, 1/32? (I did not find if you mentioned it already :-k)

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back