ww2aircraft.net siggy...?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My turn..
You'll never make everyone happy and elaborate montages get messy quickly. I prefer bold imagery.. who cares which nation the aircraft belong to0?.. the Corsair has an emblematic shape!

Attachments

• ww24 copy.jpg
    ww24 copy.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 217
  • ww28 copy.jpg
    ww28 copy.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 96
Thanks guys.. a tag line is always good...
I adjusted the prop blur more..

Attachments

• ww29copy.png
    ww29copy.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 87
  • pager copy.png
    pager copy.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 157
The second one is very good :thumbright: Maybe another font though?

Thanks Marcel.. do you have a PC font to suggest? I'll incorporate your recommendation. I like the font I chose cause it makes it look like a movie poster.. classic and stylish. I didn't want to be too dramatic or over designed.

Please help refine..

Personal taste, if you like I can e-mail u the Photoshop files so they can be tweeked.

I like the "blocky" font. It's strong, authoritative and has an inherit homage to history - it fits warfare but with some style. I dont think friendly smooth fonts fit WW2 aircraft.

Like I said.. personal taste! :)

Attachments

• ww29copy.png
    ww29copy.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 105
Of course it's personal taste as all of it is. :) What I mean with blocky is that you can really see that the lines do exist of pixels (sorry, can't say it better, language problems :) ) When I get home I could look up a font like that that is a little smoother on the edges.

What I mean with blocky is that you can really see that the lines do exist of pixels (sorry, can't say it better, language problems :)

Ahhh yes... I see that. Good eye. In graphic parlance, it isn't "aliased" properly. I can probably fix it by rasterizing before I collapse the layer...
here ya go:

much better

Attachments

• ww30 copy.png
    ww30 copy.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 113
  • ww26 copy.png
    ww26 copy.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 223
Much better. I'm sure between the 6 or 7 of us that do this stuff, we could come up with 100's of these.

Nothing wrong with the one we have though. But it is fun to come up with ideas like the one's we have posted.

Yeah,... I shouldnt have let the aliasing get by me... rookie mistake. :oops:

I'm not a fan of the existing banner... I'd really like to see it change.

I'd like to see 5 different mod-approved graphics posted and let the masses vote on the winner.

As someone has already mentioned....if would do something that swap for each time that we change page....how about making them each for the Eastern, Western, Pacific and Mediterranean fronts....?
Just playing with different ideas here....:oops:

As someone has already mentioned....if would do something that swap for each time that we change page....how about making them each for the Eastern, Western, Pacific and Mediterranean fronts....?
Just playing with different ideas here....:oops:

Thats a good idea but I disagree. IMO, We see this site every day and for regular users it would be fun to rotate the Mast Head but the Mast Head (siggy), is the image that brands the site. Consistency is important for casual users. It conveys stability and professionalism. Theres nothing wrong with changing the Mast Head every few years but not more frequently then that.

It shouldnt look like a different site every time some one stops by.

In effect, the Mast Head is tantamount to being the sites logo... It should look good on letterhead, coffee mug or a T-shirt.

Lest we forget... this site is generating money. All the ads you see result in a couple bucks going to the someone. The Mast Head is more then a cool graphic, it is an image branding device and no business would change its image wantonly...

Ahhh yes... I see that. Good eye. In graphic parlance, it isn't "aliased" properly. I can probably fix it by rasterizing before I collapse the layer...
here ya go:

much better

Yep, "aliased" is the word I was looking for. Sorry I didn't express myself better, sometimes English can be difficult for me and in graphics I'm just an amateur :)

This one looks really great.

I have to agree with both Lucky and Comiso. It would be cool to see it changing all the time to see some of the work people put into the site.

On the otherhand, a stable banner may be best, in which case the one we have needs to stay put. Do you want to see Dell and Sears, and Ford changing their logo every week? Yes, I know that is on a completely different scale than a website, but it's the same principle.

With as much fun as I would have making new banners, if I had a vote (and I don't) I would vote to leave it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back