WWII and school (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Les, you know why Euro hockey sucks? It's not true really, if you compare the numbers, etc... ... and you saw (you probably didnt ) during the NHL strike... The euroleagues were f**k hot man, 10x better then the NHL!!!
Euro Hockey Sucks because the rink is too big, the stickwork is outta control, there are no enforcers, theres no fighting, and most of the Euro hockey players Ive met and played with were all full of themselves like their shit dont stink...

I grew up in the mid-70's when hockey was REAL hockey.... Old Time Hockey.... Where guys scored 25 goals and beat the hell outta people... I was a stickboy for the Islanders in 1979 and Bobby Nystrom was, and is, my Hero...

I despise the Instigator Rule and Gary Bettman, the cocksucker...... Both ruined hockey for me......

lesofprimus said:
Les, you know why Euro hockey sucks? It's not true really, if you compare the numbers, etc... ... and you saw (you probably didnt ) during the NHL strike... The euroleagues were f**k hot man, 10x better then the NHL!!!
Euro Hockey Sucks because the rink is too big, the stickwork is outta control, there are no enforcers, theres no fighting, and most of the Euro hockey players Ive met and played with were all full of themselves like their s**t dont stink...

I grew up in the mid-70's when hockey was REAL hockey.... Old Time Hockey.... Where guys scored 25 goals and beat the hell outta people... I was a stickboy for the Islanders in 1979 and Bobby Nystrom was, and is, my Hero...

I despise the Instigator Rule and Gary Bettman, the cocksucker...... Both ruined hockey for me......

Clarke Gilles, Nick Fortiu, Bob Gasoff (RIP) Glen Sather, the Plager Brothers - man those were the days!

It appears you're just a little bit keen on ice hockey Les.
I dont know shit about it but when I went to Vancouver a couple of years ago the locals where really pissed off and complaining that all their best players where going to the US.

Professional hockey in Canada is in danger of going by the wayside. Poor management of the teams by owners, rediculous stadium fees (for the teams to use the facilities, thereby driving ticket costs way up! )...basically outdated business practices. Teams are either folding because of it or moving to the US. Professional teams there have been popping up like daisies. They're virtually everywhere.

Over 60 tapes of fights?! Holy crap! :lol:

I was into hockey through the 90s, I never played it but I loved staying up 'til 2-3am so I could watch NHL. Sergei Federov was my favourite player because he was so god damn good! And the Dallas Stars goalie, I can't remember his name now (damn it) was a bloody nutcase and he was almost always fighting, so naturally I'd like him too.

Ed Belfour?

Yeah, times change, in the 70's soccer was also something different then today... I like more technical hockey then bumper. And yeah, you're right I know personally guys like Jiří Dopita, Roman Čechmánek, Jiří Hudler, etc... and they are cretens. But still love to play, and if there's the ICS, I love to watch. Now the Czech NHL would be a shit again, since all the good players go either to NHL or Russia without a single nickel for the league itself... Don't wonder that it's shit, but on the other hand wonder how Czechs couzld be so successful. ;)

Belfour was Chicago Blackhawks.

plan_D said:
Belfour was Chicago Blackhawks.

sure he was but he played for Dallas Stars then. So Matt DelGuidice? Mike Fountain? Felix Potvin?

hasek.jpg

Alltime Best Goalie... no.39

No, my brother will know and I'm goin' to get drunk with him later. I'll ask him then.

I did get drunk, very-very drunk. And I did ask him but I was drunk, I can't remember what he said.

I asked him who was the goalie for the Dallas Stars around '95...you know, that nutcase who was almost always fighting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back