WWII aviation animation

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Visually, emotionally powerful, and great animation but besides graphically making the point that "war turns people into monstrous demons of destruction" or "war is literally hell" what's the bottom line?

The imagery of the rapidly corrupting photo flying thru the air and the Luftwaffe pilot's rapidly disintegrating rosary beads; are powerful symbols of the disintegration of civilized priorities and behavioral norms and reminders of where these two humans started. I am glad you posted it, but this animation seems an example of the insidious nature of modern relativism and the rising tide of rule by emotional response as a legitimate substitute for rule of law. I believe it's an oversimplification of reality and wrong to react soley with horror at what these two 'animated' humans are depicted as having become. Critical faculties should be applied to the events that brought these two like-spirited humans to combat. Ignoring those historic events is a potential dishonor to the memory of BOTH sides.

It seems to me there is both a humanist and moral dimension to this video in which the former is presented while ignoring the latter. JMO but thanks for sharing FM, although it reinforces my belief that civilization is going to H*ll in a hand basket lead by a generation of readers of graphic novels... :cry: (Not you FM, just saying what an old codger is likely to say.)

I also think there is real irony that the animation was produced by Poles.

Did the animator ever hear of Yeats?

"...Those that I fight I do not hate,
Those that I guard I do not love...
"

Last edited:
Too fast for me. Everything was so realistically done (and exceptionally well to boot) and then the overspeed of the animation ruined it because it stood out so prominently I couldn't not think about it constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back