Yet another Newbie...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Welcome...Enjoy your stay, you seem like quite a character :D XD o_O

(Ya see, two can play at this game...or maybe not ;) )

Pisis said:
OK, if you're a girl, that's cool - post a picture of yourself! ;)

That would be nice.:D

Welcome Monique and hope you would stay. It is strange to so woman that like WW2 aircraft and aircraft all in all. Something you do not hear of a lot.

FLYBOYJ said:
Why do you hate Canada?

I don't know. I just don't like it. I mean we have no culture no interesting history, and I really hate how every one thinks we say 'eh' and aboot. Which annoys me because oddly enough I don't say any of those, mainly because I don't have the accent.

Also thank you all for welcoming me. =)​

Monique said:
I don't know. I just don't like it. I mean we have no culture no interesting history, and I really hate how every one thinks we say 'eh' and aboot. Which annoys me because oddly enough I don't say any of those, mainly because I don't have the accent.

Also thank you all for welcoming me. =)​
well i think a remedy for your discomfort would be to read about canadian history and as for culture we also do pretty well for a first history lesson particulaly since this is an aviation website look up some canadian pilots Bishop Barker May Dickens Collishaw Fauquier Buerling Birchall and as for aircraft try the Arrow, Canuck the Jetliner the BCATP bush flying thats aviation alone and just touching the surface

Monique said:
About my country. I hate Canada, so don't try to tie it to me. I'm going to move to Switzerlind after I get my education and such.

Sure you do. You can be proud of Canada being the best at being north of the USA!

:lol:

Im kidding with you...

Monique said:
About my country. I hate Canada, so don't try to tie it to me. I'm going to move to Switzerlind after I get my education and such.​

I sure hope you have lots of money, because trust me I know very very well first hand that Switzerland is very very very expensive.

Monique said:
I don't know. I just don't like it. I mean we have no culture no interesting history, and I really hate how every one thinks we say 'eh' and aboot. Which annoys me because oddly enough I don't say any of those, mainly because I don't have the accent.​
Sure we have interesting history, it's just that we don't promote it very well. That's the problem, and young folks like yourself tend to grow up thinking that Canada has always been the way it is now: a wishy-washy place, where nothing much happens and nobody gives a damn. It weren't always so, me dear. If you're actually interested in your nation's history, do some reading. There's some stuff you can be proud of. 8)

I'll agree with you on the culture point though. It's more diluted now than it's ever been, and it's only getting worse.

So you never say "eh", eh? Me either, eh. ;)
But not one Canadian I've ever met has ever said "aboot". That's just some crap invented by US networks. Ever seen how they depict us on American sitcoms? Funny stuff. :rolleyes:

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I sure hope you have lots of money, because trust me I know very very well first hand that Switzerland is very very very expensive.

The standard of living though is superb, so you get what you pay for. Austria is also very good, I often think of it as a cheaper Switzerland, I also like Austria better because its more Germanic.

Nonskimmer said:
So you never say "eh", eh? Me either, eh. ;)
But not one Canadian I've ever met has ever said "aboot". That's just some crap invented by US networks. Ever seen how they depict us on American sitcoms? Funny stuff. :rolleyes:

Look here - I lived in Canada, I know your little secret you sneaky Canadians! You're not saying "EH" you're saying "AH" but you pronounce it "EH" and you only say it to Americans and its short for @sshole!!!! ;) :evil4:

You know people in Canada have cars with square wheels and heads like trash cans. Its real, I saw it on T.V. .....

Worst. Thread. Ever.

comic-book-guy.thumbnail.jpg

Hah, not really... Welcome to this place! :D

Tiger said:
You know people in Canada have cars with square wheels and heads like trash cans. Its real, I saw it on T.V. .....
yes but we have new corner cutting skills that will permit us to have octagonal wheels much better in the snow and far better for chasing the seals

FLYBOYJ said:
...and you only say it to Americans...
Yeah, that's right. The rest of the time we're all prim and proper like. :lol:

- "I say old chum, we'll be late for our polo match."

- "Oh, posh! We've plenty of time! All we need do is cut across this - "

- "Wait! I say, isn't that an American tourist coming our way?"

- "Right you are. What say we speak more crudely."

- "Righty-o then."

<<Ahem!!>>

- "Say buddy, didja check oot da hockey finals last noit?"

- "Yeah, no kiddin', eh? Man, dem Hurricanes sure put da squash on Edmonton. So much fer bringin' da cup home, eh?"

- "Yeah, damn Yanks! Wanna grab a beer, buddy?"

- "You know it, eh? Do a bear sh*t in da woods?"

- "Ahhh, ha, ha, ha!"

:| Okay, I guess maybe Canada isn't too bad. But Switzerland would sure be better. =) I wouldn't mind moving to Austria either because that's where my great grand parents orginally came from. Or was it Germany? -has a bad memory-

I always thought 'eh' was just another way of saying 'huh'. =P I never really thought of it as calling some one an arse hole.

._.' Square wheels? How is that even possible?​

Monique said:
:| Okay, I guess maybe Canada isn't too bad. But Switzerland would sure be better. =) I wouldn't mind moving to Austria either because that's where my great grand parents orginally came from. Or was it Germany? -has a bad memory-​

I grew up in New York around a lot of Italians, all US born. They would rant and rave how they would love to live in Italy among "their people." Some of them went there on vacation and got a rude awakening when they were received as total foreigners, even though they spoke the language. With that said, you may think the grass is greener until you go to another country for a long period of time and really see how little things let you know where your roots are really from....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back