Your best wishes...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another day. The doctors still refuse to say whether she'll live or not. One said: "Don't be fooled if she looks good, she's still the worst case on this department". Coming from a doctor on the intensive-care department of the largest children-hospital in The Netherlands, this is not very encouraging.
Right now, she's been kept at a 33.5°C (92.3F) temperature to try and minimise the brain damage. Tomorrow night, she will be slowly brought up to a normal temperature, so fingers crossed.

I hope all goes well Marcel. I spent 120 days in NICU with my first born (4 months premature) and we spent minute by minute not knowing if Victoria would live.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope all works out OK my3yr old kid was Air evaced to to a University hospital and was there for 20 days a few days after birth , shes a ball of fire now

Still praying for you and your family!

What kind of dick is that doctor though to put it that way by saying the status of the child in such a way? You can tell the truth and still be more kind and supportive of the family about it.

I kind of agree with you on that Marcel. When my son was born, the respiratory therapist and I looked at my son's chest x-rays. It did not look good at all. He looked me square in the eye and said "The next 24 hours will determine if he lives or dies". It was like getting punched in the chest, but it was the truth and I needed the straight story.

Hang in there Marcel and family. Like Dan said, kids are amazing sometimes. They can rebound from things amazingly fast. Our thoughts and prayers are still with your family.

Thanks, all, it really means a lot. I make sure I'll pass all the best wishes to the parents.
Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be leaving with my wife and kids to stay at my parents in law, to support them. It's also closer to the hospital. I probably won't have access to the forum, but I'll inform you when I'm back. But until tomorrow, I'll probably be using this small escape from reality here on the forum.

I've only just seen this Marcel. I am so sorry to hear this news, and I hope everything turns out well. My prayers are with you and for you, and the family, during this trying time.

Stayed with the family all weekend. The girl still isn't stable enough to get an MRI, so we still don't know anything. One positive point is that her blood pressure has stabilised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back