Your greatest sport experience

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
Hi folks,

I´d like to know what was your greatest sport experience ever.

For me- undoubtly Winter Olympic Games in Nagano ´98.
Czech Republic- the Olympic winner of the Ice Hockey:wav:
I´ll never forget these momets in play off- a lot of tears of luck after each match and a lot of beers, just to avoid dehydratation of my body because of these tears:D
During the play off matches no one worked- you could see TV´s everywhere- in the offices,workshops,factories,schools. The normal life was stopped for a while, just to enjoy these unforgetable moments. Really once in a life experience...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfF5fQq8lDA

Attachments

• Nagano98.jpg
    Nagano98.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 440
For me it is the World Cup 2006 that took place here in Germany last year. It was a wonderful experience. The whole country was one big street party for those several weeks.

Personally, it would be a tie. When I was a freshman in high school, Spud Webb was a senior at Wilmer Hutchins high school in south Dallas. Well, I was pretty good and played varsity ball as a freshman. Spud beat his man, came down the middle of the lane for a layup, and I blocked his shot. Actually, I launched it into the 3rd row. Bad mistake. We lost that game by something like 30 points.

The other thing was being able to play 1 on 1 with Ricky Pierce. He was a friend of my ex's family and when he came into town he would visit them. whenever I was over, we would go outside and play ball.

If you don't know who these guys are, do a search on wikipedia for them.

My personal best sporting experience - with one three pointer winning my towns championship and putting the team into the nationals! And it was a glorious shot...best three point percentage on my team, like a young, white, right handed Iverson !

Playing as a forward on my soccer team, for the mens league in the local industrial league (actually most teams were from the aerospace companies), I scored 30 seconds into the game. Our team was 2 men short to start the game. We were even playing a Mexican team, which made it even sweeter.

I still hold the record for fastest goal in team history.

US winning in Hockey, Winter Olympic Games 1980. I was at a military college at the time. Everyone was following the game on radio instead of studying. We went crazy after the game.

DBII

As a player...

Playing football; four years high school, one year college, one year US Army (Fort Knox). In 58 years I've never done anything as good or as much fun.

As a fan...

Watching the 18 point underdog New York Jets of the AFL beat the NFL Baltimore Colts 16-7 in Super Bowl III.

TO

Hockey for me also 1972 Summit Series Between Canada and USSR . We played 4 games in Canada lost 2 and won 1 with a tie went to Moscow and won the series in the last 20 seconds. The Russian police tried to intimidate the Canadian fans , etc it was during the cold war after all . Kosygin and Bresnev were in the stand being heckled by the Canadians it was intense or better yet a real war

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXDMA_bZZw

For me its a tie as far as witnessing a game... The 1980 Gold Medal winning USA Hockey Team and the 1979-80 Stanley Cup Finals with MY New York Islanders beating the hated Philly Flyers, and my hero Bob Nystrom scoring the Cup clinching goal....

I screamed and screamed and screamed.... It was our first of 4 consecutive Cup winnings....

As far as my own personal sports experience, playing for Syracuse during the NCAA Lacrosse Championship game in 1985 against Johns Hopkins, who beat our asses 11-4...

I knocked out one of their best Defensemen and he never came back on the field...

For me its a tie as far as witnessing a game... The 1980 Gold Medal winning USA Hockey Team and the 1979-80 Stanley Cup Finals with MY New York Islanders beating the hated Philly Flyers, and my hero Bob Nystrom scoring the Cup clinching goal....

I screamed and screamed and screamed.... It was our first of 4 consecutive Cup winnings....

As far as my own personal sports experience, playing for Syracuse during the NCAA Lacrosse Championship game in 1985 against Johns Hopkins, who beat our asses 11-4...

I knocked out one of their best Defensemen and he never came back on the field...

You´re bad boy Les:lol:
you mentioned Syracuse- 4 Czech players play for Columbus blue jackets this year- Jiri Novotny,David Vyborny,Jan Hejda,Rostislav Klesla. Last year there was Jaroslav Balastik as well which comes from Zlin, the town where I live. He came back this year. Last year he spent a certain time playing in AHL for Syracuse Crunch...

Hey in Australia we have our own sport know as Aussie Rules Football...im sure some of you may have heard of it. Ive seen some incredible games, while this wasnt one of the best games it was a good one and my team won with this goal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVQ-GkRnIw

Personally ive played in some great games of football (Aussie Rules), I remember being late for a game and my coach brought me into changerooms and held a vote with the team 22 people to see if my mate and I should play. We played Centre Half Back (me) and Full Back (my mate) these are really important positions. In the opening minute there was a contest and normally i wouldnt go for it. But team had voted me so I launched myself at the marking contest i could taken out from side and behind and spent ages getting up. I couldnt see straight for the next 20mins haha and was swaying at quarter time. I didnt tell anyone because I didnt want to go off, it was a big game and i was having fun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back