Your 'What if?' Builds.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. It does look right in Luftwaffe markings doesn't it? Thought it might!
Keith, sounds like a great idea. I've got some pics of a FW190A5 in Japanese markings, which appears to be in a light grey scheme, but, as it's a 'What if?', it could be finished in any scheme you want! Maybe not Bossman black with chrome wheels and tinted canopy, but....

Great looking job Terry. :D

I ran across another strange combo: a Fw190 / La5-FN hybrid. Basically a Fw 190 with a russian engine and the La-5 engine cowling to accomodate it. I'll have to dig up the details on it. The Russians actually did some extensive testing on the combo, but it never saw combat.

Here's the write-up on it.

Plane was a Fw190 F-8 mated with a Soviet Shevtsov M(Ash) 82 engine and designated as Fw190-F8/M82.

Text and pics to follow (need to crossload them to photobucket .... )

Image2-1.jpg

Image1-1.jpg

Pictures and Tezt from Czech Master Fw 190 photo hobby manual - special drawings - part 1

Last edited:
Here's the write-up on it.

Plane was a Fw190 F-8 mated with a Soviet Shevtsov M(Ash) 82 engine and designated as Fw190-F8/M82.

Pictures and Tezt from Czech Master Fw 190 photo hobby manual - special drawings - part 1

Kgambit, I have that Hobby Manual, so I have the drawings - do you have any photographs of the plane? I'm a bit of a fan of Eastern Front aircraft, and although I'm no Mr. Wurger (Wojtek), I might have a go at it. Seems like it'd be a fairly easy conversion to do (famous last words). By the way, nice work on the Arado Zero, Terry, it looks strangely at home in the German markings.

Venganza

Found these on wings palette, don't know how accurate the markings are. Also found some mentions of a 1/72 resin conversion kit for this bird made in the mid-90's. RV Resin #72004.

1_1_b1.gif

1_1.gif

Hope you don't think we're hijacking your thread Terry!

No probs Keith, it's not really 'my' thread, it's for anyone who wants to do a 'What if?', hence the title - "Your 'What if?' Builds". The more who join in and contribute, especially with 'What if?' models, the better!
I've got a few more waiting in the wings, when I get around to them, including Jan's theme on an allied jet-protection squadron, and some 'what if' modern RAF types, such as an F5E in RAF low vis grey, maybe the 'almost got it but changed our mind' F111, supposedly going into RAF service in the late 1960's etc.

Found these on wings palette, don't know how accurate the markings are. Also found some mentions of a 1/72 resin conversion kit for this bird made in the mid-90's. RV Resin #72004.

Thank you very much, Muller (and thank you for the drawings and the idea, kgambit)! Those are a big help. It looks sharp, I may really have to do it now. I'll look for that RV resin kit on eBay - you never know. If not, I can just buy a cheap La-5FN kit and "borrow" the engine and propeller from it (I know a cheap kit isn't going to be as accurate as a newer, more accurate kit, but I don't want to burn a nice kit just for the engine). It'll go onto my growing heap of engineless, wingless, landing-gearless, etc. donor kits. Hmmm, now there's an idea for a group build - see what we can do with all the donor kits we have laying around. I know Terry has been working on a donor Spitfire.

Venganza

No problem Vanganza, that bird piqued my interest last night and had to do a bit of googling on it. It does look cool! 8)

Nice ideas for some what-ifs Terry. I'd like to do a few WWII birds in old Irish Air Corps markings. The only jets the IAC had were vampires and fouga majisters, but I've been thinking of doing a Shyhawk, green or OD with IAC roundels, I think it'd look cool. Hopefully this thread expands!

Hopefully it will Keith! It's a good excuse for doing all those things you've wanted to try, but never got around to, or had the reason to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back