Your 'What if?' Builds. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, it really does look like a variant of a FW190 doesn't it? The canopy will alter that a bit, but not much, and I still think even the canopy looks Germanic.
That sounds good Bernhardt, and I think a P47 would be a good subject for a 'Whatif?' IAF aircraft, especially in 1/48th or 1/32nd scale. Luckily, there are quite a number of israeli markings decal sheets around today too, so you should be able to find relevant markings, numbers etrc. Get to it mate!
Should have a few more pics a little later.

Thanks Keith!
Got the yellow lower cowling and rudder painted, mixed from Humbrol Yellow 24 with a tiny spot of red. Some light panel line work has been done, in pencil, and some staining and dirt, using mixed pastels, as shown in PICS 1 to 3.
PIC 4 shows the model with the first coat of clear gloss. After a second coat, some paint scuffing and light weathering will be added, and then it's time for the decals, followed by the addition of all the larger bits and pieces, before spraying a couple of coats of semi-matt clear and adding the canopy sections and smaller items.

Attachments

• Arado 290 059.jpg
    Arado 290 059.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Arado 290 061.jpg
    Arado 290 061.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Arado 290 064.jpg
    Arado 290 064.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 97
  • Arado 290 074.jpg
    Arado 290 074.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 117
Thanks guys! I'm bouncing between three or four different jobs at the moment, the 'Ar290' and Beaufighter being just two of them. I'll hopefully have some of the decals on, and some pics, either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Have a good party H, and don't drink too much of that root beer c**p !
Anyway, here we go with the first of the decals!
The 'Ar290A-1/R1' now has it's national identity, and it's Gruppe and Staffel markings. The decals were at that alarming 'Micro-Sol' crinkly stage when the pics were taken!
Hopefully, the detail decals, such as the Geschwader badge, fuel markers, stencils etc, should be done over the next couple of days.
Thanks again for your interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• Arado 290 078.jpg
    Arado 290 078.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Arado 290 079.jpg
    Arado 290 079.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Arado 290 082.jpg
    Arado 290 082.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 93
Looks the business Terry!! 8) The decals really bring it to life, love the weathering too.

You've given me an idea for another what-if.... The opposite of this build I suppose. A Japanese FW190! Painted green over grey with lots of chipping and aluminium showing through. What d'ya reckon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back