Your 'What if?' Builds.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We was going to buy it if the Brits hadn't cancelled it, even decided which wings to employ it to....8)

Is that true, Lucky, or are you just yanking my chain? I know quite a bit about British and Soviet planes, but, alas, my knowledge of the Flygvapnet is a bit lacking.

Venganza

Is that true, Lucky, or are you just yanking my chain? I know quite a bit about British and Soviet planes, but, alas, my knowledge of the Flygvapnet is a bit lacking.

It's true, they even had the female pilots who were going to be trained to fly it picked out. Isn't that right Jan??

888124.jpg

If anyone is going to build that Fw 190 / M82 hybrid in 1/72 and needs a spare engine cowling, let me know. I have a K-pro La-5FN kit that I will probably have to use for spare parts for an Italeri La-5FN. Besides, the K-pro kit is missing a left rear wing and the wheels, and the canopy is busted to crap - so the kit is basically worthless. Good thing it was only 1$. :lol:

As I seem to have spent most of the weekend asleep, I didn't get as much done to the 'Ar290' as I would have liked. I think I must have been bitten by a Tse Tse fly - just couldn't wake up at all on Sunday!
Anyway, the decals are done, although I had to replace some which fell off! Don't know why, as one of them even had a coat of clear over the top! This led to the Werke Nummer being replaced, so now it's a four-figure number, not as intended, where it was going to be 029 in a production run of 150. One of the fuel triangles on the wing had to replaced, so don't look too close, or you'll notice it's a 'B4' sign, instead of the '87' triangles elsewhere!
The radio mast has been shortened and re-profiled, and fitted to the rear of the cockpit decking, and the canopy painted and fitted, although this still has to be bedded down fully and sealed. Also, due to handling, some of the framework needs retouching.
Holes have been drilled for the step and the lower antennas, as well as for the radio wire lead-in, and the tailwheel has been removed, with a hole drilled into the mounting. A new, larger tail wheel has been sourced from the spares box, which I think started life as a nose wheel off some jet! This has also been drilled, and a length of wire inserted, which will fit into the hole in the mount. The antennas will be scratch-built. The gunsight has been fitted, together with the windscreen, and again, this has yet to be sealed at the edges and re-touched as required.
The model has been sprayed in clear semi-matt, and the next steps should see the landing gear, gear doors, tailwheel, prop and antennas fitted, along wiith the step and the wing cannons. Then, it should be finished!

Attachments

• Arado 290 083.jpg
    Arado 290 083.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Arado 290 084.jpg
    Arado 290 084.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Arado 290 085.jpg
    Arado 290 085.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Arado 290 086.jpg
    Arado 290 086.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Arado 290 088.jpg
    Arado 290 088.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 103
Lovely work Terry, that paint job is fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back