Your 'What if?' Builds.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And now it is done!
The Loraine antenna has been added, cut from plastic strip, and the retractable step has been fitted, which was made from plastic rod and strip. The larger tailwheel slotted in nicely on it's wire rod, and the main wheels have been painted, 'dirtied' and fitted.
I didn't have any suitable tubing from which to make cannon barrels, so 'Evergreen' plastic rod was drilled out, cut to length, and clued into the leading edges of each wing. These were painted very dark grey and, when dry, rubbed with pencil lead.
The prop was assembled and brush painted in schwargrun, with a red spinner. When this had dried, the white spiral was painted, using a 00 brush, then the whole lot given a coat of semi-matt clear.
The canopy and windscreen joints were sealed with Micro 'Kristal Kleer', painted to match the surrounding area, then given a coat of semi-matt clear to even the appearance.
Finally, the antenna wire and lead-in were added, using 'invisible' thread, with blobs of PVA to simulate the insulators.
So, here it is, the Arado Ar290A-1/R1, 'White 2' of 13/JG4, at the Focke Wulf Flugplatz, Bremen, in February, 1944.
Now it's someone else's turn to do a 'What if?'.......

Attachments

• Arado 290 101.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Arado 290 102.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Arado 290 106.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Arado 290 107.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Arado 290 108.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 83
  • Arado 290 109.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 87
  • Arado 290 110.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Arado 290 113.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Arado 290 117.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Arado 290 123.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 88
spinning prop indeed, just showing off now !!!!!!!

absolutely brilliant Dogsbody, i love it inspired me with my own what if as you know so will be cracking on in the next few weeks hopefully !

great job Terry

Karl

Thanks Karl and Daniel, glad you like it. I've got a 1/48th scale Sea Fury I'd like to do in Luftwaffe markings, slightly modified, as a Focke Wulf design, and based on the carrier Graf Zeppelin, but that would be a waste of a kit! It'll have to be a RN or RAN bird I think!
Karl, looking forward to your build mate, especially if you do a pair. Should be brilliant !!

Don't know what more I could say except to echo previous comments, Terry. Looking really great and those Luftwaffe markings are suprisingly fitting to the Zero.... Ah, yes Arado Ar 290A. My bad.

Thanks very much guys, it's much appreciated.
Yes Jan, you'd better get cracking old boy. The 'What ifs?' have started, and we need more, so get those 'Protection Flights' on the workbench, there's a good chap!

Ausgezeichnet, Terry! Brilliant work. That big Teutonic tail wheel definitely makes it look more German than that weedy little Japanese one.

Venganza

Users who are viewing this thread