Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Went out to the local bird banding station last night after dark to watch owl banding.. The purpose was to watch them capture, document, band and let grandkid Ezra "adopt" one. I didn't know this was a thing until my daughter told me at the beginning of the month. Only got one photo of documentation as too many people were in the way, but they measure, weigh, and check for sex and age. This is a Northern Saw-Whet Owl. They caught three when we were there bringing the month's total to 56. They have also documented 65 other birds that live in the area. From July until now they have documented over 2600 birds

IMG_2259.jpg

Photo op

IMG_2280a.jpg

Grandkid and Edgar

IMG_2277.jpg

After the photo we went outside, the ornithologist student put Edgar on Ezra's shoulder. The owl hung around for about half a minute and then before it flew off, it pooped on the grandkid's shoulder. The wife and sister-in-law also adopted one, "Luna".....no poop

Last edited:
Very odd! What are they after up there? We had a sow with three cubs once in our backyard in Lions Bay, but I've not seen anything like shown above before.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back