1/24 Grumman F3F-2 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice, I love how it looks without the paint on, Love seeing the ribs and all the hard work you put into the piece

Nice work Charles. I'll remember that candle trick when I'm painting pictures; being close to the canvas, and concentrated fumes, normally makes me feel thick-headed (no change there then!), so it should alleviate things a little.

Good to hear you have found something to relieve you of the fumes. Your health is utmost in this game. The covering is looking pretty good there Charles..

Nice work, Charles. I'll remember that candle trick when I'm painting pictures; being close to the canvas, and concentrated fumes, normally makes me feel thick-headed (no change there then!), so it should alleviate things a little.

Oh... did I mention that I destroyed a whole sheet of tissue ? Got it too close to a candle and POOF ! I'm not use to working with two burning tapers on a small table. If anybody tries this, please be careful.

Thanks for the kind words, Guys....

Charles

Worked on the landing gear, today. Got the wire frames where I want them, now it's a little detailing with rolled tape. The wheels are just for show, they don't belong to the F3F.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2807.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2808.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 70
Taking shape nicely Charles. When you mention rolled tape, is this to build-up the gear legs, to provide the 'bulk', or to provide fairings?
Not that familiar with this aircraft, so not sure what the gear legs should look like.

Taking shape nicely Charles. When you mention rolled tape, is this to build-up the gear legs, to provide the 'bulk', or to provide fairings? Not that familiar with this aircraft, so not sure what the gear legs should look like.

A little bit of both, Terry. The rolled tape is suppose to look like shock absorbers.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread