1/24 Grumman F3F-2 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been painting the fuselage, lower wing and tail feathers with clear dope, today. Preparing them for covering. Not much to see, so no pic's.
Thanks for the warm words, Guys...

Charles

Nice work so far. Balsa models always look a bit like the real thing when under construction, and can be seen to be forming into the finished product - great stuff.

Thanks, Fellas. Still painting the fuselage, lower wing and tail ass'y with clear dope. Hope to start covering in a day or two. Have to attach the lower wing before I can finish up the fuselage. There are formers and stringers that go under the wing.

Charles

Sorry to disappoint, Guys... But, we have a problem. I have developed a chronic, persistent, dry, irritating cough. Went to the doc on Tuesday and during the question answer period, my missus volunteered the fact that I have been working with airplane glue, dope and thinner in a confined area. My throat is "inflamed" altho it doesn't hurt. Anyhow, per the doc, I am to refrain from being in an un-ventilated area with the airplane stuff for FOUR weeks ! So, unless the weather warms up, so I can work outside, I'm screwed. The garage is the only place I can model.

We'll see how it goes in a few days.

Charles

I'm very sorry to hear that My Friend. :( I hope you will get better and resume the great work on the model soon.

Is a mask out of the question?

I believe the doc is partially right. The glue doesn't have any fumes... sniffing model airplane glue is passe. I think the problem is with the fumes of the dope and thinner. When I'm finished coating the fuselage, I have to get outside for quite a while, because of the fumes. So I don't think a mask (unless it's a re-breather type) would help. Going to try to work on the upper wing tomorrow.... No dope involved, doc.... honest !

Charles

Sorry to hear this Charles, hope you manage to find an amicable solution an going to miss your modelling.

Besides the suggestion of using a mask to help deflect some of the fumes, how about a ventilation fan or even just a fan to move the air better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back