1/48 Grumman F3F-1 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
User Name, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Catagory, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Accurate Miniatures
Model Type, Grumman F3F-1
Aftermarket, None, nope, not even bits of wire or stuff off the desk, this kit has it all!

This is typical Accurate Miniatures, great detail, excellent instructions, (all 20 pages), P.E. goodies; flying wires, ignition harness and other stuff, and a decal sheet that never ends. It is possible to build any F3F-1 ever made!
However, being AM, it has one problem, (they all have one), on this it is the fit of the gear covers. I have studied the builds of others on the net and there is a simple solution, but more on that when I get to that step.
I like the Commanding Officer's aircraft as pictured on the box, VF-3 on the U.S.S. Saratoga, 1936, so that is the one I will be doing.

f3f1.jpg

f3f2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to keep and eye on this one, Paul. Just to see how the scale plastic F3F stands up to the balsa/tissue model. Thinking about it... there will be no comparison, you can't put the detail into a balsa model that you can in a scale plastic.

Charles

Going to keep and eye on this one, Paul. Just to see how the scale plastic F3F stands up to the balsa/tissue model. Thinking about it... there will be no comparison, you can't put the detail into a balsa model that you can in a scale plastic.

Charles

will be fun and informative to watch the 2 unfold

Yeah, great start Paul. Got all the stuff in order and ready to go....
A place for everything,
and everything all over the place.
rock-n-roll mate.

Should be a good one Paul the LHS has a few of these kits i should grab them up i think 10.00 to 15.00 each.

Grab as many AM kits as you can, they are great. I can't understand why they went under.

AM went under, I had no idea :O :( *sad

They make awesome kits, granted sometimes pricy but there worth it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back