1/48 Grumman F3F-1 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

very good job, paul, pace and to take him

Hey, that's mine!
Where'd you get them photos??????
And you are hiding your bench, terrrrickey.
Camouflage is the next best thing to clean!
I like what you did with the IP, I did the decal on the back of the panel thing, it's o.k., but seems like it makes the instruments back just a touch much.

Hehehe looks great :D

The cockpit tub almost looks like a Bulldozer with the scoop thingy in front :D

I'm using rattle cans to paint..... maybe that is saving me time... You'll pass me today Paul, am working.

Like I posted on Vaugns post, I used Silver Leaf under the red, which works magic. But I have found the yellow needs to be a rich golden yellow and with silver under the yellow its tooooo lemon colored. Will have to take another tack.

Excellent work Paul! Are you putting Felix on this bird?

Gentlemen, I do thank you for the fine comments.
The fuselage fits together well, and the instructions are correct, it is critical to not glue the cockpit into place, (unlike every other kit out there!), until the fuselage halves are glued. The cockpit snaps up into place with a slight overlap of the headrest over the sides of the fuselage. Then a small bit of glue on the headrest, and it's done.

f3f6.jpg

Last edited:
Wow its a rare sight to see the cockpit tub getting glued after the Fuselage gets together :) Really cool stuff :)

Looks good Paul and it also looks like you have a couple of secure looking struts with plenty of gluing area for the upper wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back