1/48 Grumman F3F-1 - From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WARNING will robinson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at Step 3. Before installing "C20"................. put it in place and make sure the pins are square and true to the centerline of the plane. In fact.... I recommend just fitting them in place lightly.... then go to...... Step 4 and fit "C18" over C20 and make sure the pins of C20 and the small rod between the "A" arms of C18 are centered over one another.........

If you don't........ you will have the same thing happen as in mine....... C16 and C17 will not line up or attach in their proper places..... AND their is NO way to adjust... and too bl00dy late to build a gear up plane!!!!

Thanks, Bill!
There seems to be one design flaw in every AM kit that is a major pain in the @ss, that only an experenced modeler can figure out!

Unfortunately I am one who does Not have the required experience. Just wanted to give you a heads up on this one. At least One of us will have a plastic F3F entry.

Shoot, Bill, Not what I meant. The AM company probably went down because of the problems with every kit. I think you are one of the best scratch builders I have ever seen, is there no hope for a fix? How about wheels up?

Aw shucks Paul. You need to look at some of Rodney Williams scratch building. I guess I got the bug from him as I used to attend building meetings in San Jose with him and a slew of other modelers. He was amazing.

I just wanna see you get yours right mate.

Got it!

f3f1.jpg

Good job!

Now you know what I mean.... Just thinking, I wonder if it could be glued up After assembly....?

Now I know what I have to look forward to, with my balsa model. Methinks the cabane and the N struts are going to be a positive nightmare !

Yours is coming along nicely, Paul...

Charles

A Pratt and Whitney R-1535 Wasp jr. No idea why they would have called it "junior" especially when it was to be fitted to a war plane of the U.S.N., but there are many mysteries out there.
The ignition wire harness is still to be fastened down.

f3f2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back