1/24 Grumman F3F-2 - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers, Fellas. Thanks for the warm words.

I keep looking at the Art Chester Racer, and wondering if I should start it. You know how I feel about building two models at the same time. Comments ??

Charles

Last edited:
Just finished putting the fifth coat of clear dope on the un-covered underside of the fuselage. My missus is working tomorrow, (Tuesday), so I should have a full day of modelling. I need to make some copy-paper fillets for where the lower wing and the fuselage meet, as there is nothing to attach the tissue to.

Oh.... and just for "Bill of Oz", I put a prop on it, albeit a two blader. This four inch prop will eventually wind up on the Art Chester Racer, if I ever get it started.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2831.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 64
Finished covering the under-side of the fuselage, and even gave it two coats of the 50/50 mix. Had to make a copy-paper fillet around the wing because there was nothing to attach tissue to. Covered over the fillet, and had to overlap quite a bit with the tissue. Hopefully, it will sand down nicely.

Next move is construction of the upper wing.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2832.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_2833.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2834.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 76
That looks good Charles, are they rubber wheels ?

Kinda like a sponge (very soft) rubber, Vic. These are 1 inch wheels, and I need 3/4 inch. Have them on order. Tomorrow we'll pin down the upper wing. I guess I'm going to have to do some painting before I put this thing all together. Will probably be much easier that way. Still have to carve up a 3 bladed prop, too. While I'm working on the upper wing, I can be doping and sanding.

Charles

Last edited:
love your work Charles, simply fantastic, Sir!

This one is really taxing my abilities, Wayne. Never built a Diels Engineering Co. model before, and hope I never see another. There is just so much lacking in the plans. The instructions leave much to be desired. Who would have thought you'd have to attach the stabilizer before the tail-block ?

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread