1/32 Arado Ar 196A-3 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's quite the inside frame there.
The skin fits over it?

Yes, you built everything into the frame and then the two fuselage halves just wrap it.

I'm kinda dragging my feet on this and working on finishing the spit while I contemplate getting the Eduard BigEd set for this one.

Got that in the stash awhile back Jay myself will be watching.I have heard pro/con on the BigEd it seems not that it's bad or anything but as like alot was not visible :dontknow: memory is vague.Keep pounding on the mistro(Charles is the good guy) someone needs too :lol:

Last edited:
Got that in the stash awhile back Jay myself will be watching.I have heard pro/con on the BigEd it seems not that it's bad or anything but as like alot was not visible :dontknow: memory is vague.Keep pounding on the mistro(Charles is the good guy) someone needs too :lol:

Yeah, it seems like there are always some parts that I don't end up using with the Eduard pe sets. Looking at the instructions on their site it looks like the exterior set will add quite a bit and the seat belt pe will make a big difference since the stock seat has molded in ones that look to scale out at 5" x 4". The interior set will be nice for the ip and radio faces.

I've seen pics of this build with one wing folded and the other not and was thinking about maybe doing the same thing. What opinions do you guys have with this? Totally idiotic and avoid it or it looks fine and go ahead and do it. I don't like both folded because you don't see the shape of the plane very well but I do like the additional detail you get when folded and would like to show that.

I've also got me this on in the stash complete with the Eduard sets cockpit and masking sets and some Quickboost resin detail bits, so I to have a vested interest in watching this build.

Yep, and you could do a small diorama, with crew men folding (or unfolding) one wing, which would not only look good, but would add credence to the reason one wing was flapping and the other not!

Yep, and you could do a small diorama, with crew men folding (or unfolding) one wing, which would not only look good, but would add credence to the reason one wing was flapping and the other not!

I like this idea. Maybe have the one folded already and the men on the other wing getting it ready to fold. Does anyone have a link to a set of figures that would work good for this diorama?

I also need a set of 1/32 scale swastikas. If anyone has some extras they could help me with it'd be much appreciated.

For the figures, try one of the Airfix 1/32nd scale 'Multi-Pose' sets. They don't have Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine figures, but they do have German Army, US, British etc, and any one of these sets can easily be converted to suit. The plastic is soft and easy to carve, and by using 'Milliput' or similar two-part putty, new uniforms or other bits can be made quite easily. Each set has six figures, with separate heads, arms trunks and legs, and all equipment such as pouches, helmets, caps etc are separate, so makes it easier to convert each figure to what you want.

Yea, man.... now let's see some construction !!

Charles

I'm working on it as much as I can. I ordered the BigEd set along with some other AM parts but haven't had time with work being so busy. I did take the PE with me and have bent and assembled little metal parts while stuck in a hotel room. Don't know if I'll make the deadline on this one just because I'm having to travel a lot and may end up having to move. I'll continue to try and work on it and post updates when I make some progress.

For the figures, try one of the Airfix 1/32nd scale 'Multi-Pose' sets. They don't have Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine figures, but they do have German Army, US, British etc, and any one of these sets can easily be converted to suit. The plastic is soft and easy to carve, and by using 'Milliput' or similar two-part putty, new uniforms or other bits can be made quite easily. Each set has six figures, with separate heads, arms trunks and legs, and all equipment such as pouches, helmets, caps etc are separate, so makes it easier to convert each figure to what you want.

I'll look into this Terry. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back