1:32 Hasegawa BF 109 G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:thumbleft: Right decision on painting there Al looks very very good.The spinner looks most excellant also.Cheers

Hi everybody,
looking again to the original picture
BF109G14Miani3-vi.jpg

and to this profile
mimetica01up-vi.jpg

published on "Camouflage and Marking of Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana", I thought that I had to modify the camou.
I don't know if I eventually did the right thing,but I like it and these are the pictures:
DSCN1197-vi.jpg
DSCN1199-vi.jpg

DSCN1201-vi.jpg
DSCN1200-vi.jpg

DSCN1203-vi.jpg
DSCN1207-vi.jpg

In the mean time I received the decals from Stormo that includes the right shape chevrons so I'm really ready to start applying them.
Any comment/suggestion is welcome as always.
Alberto

Hi again.
I wasn't totally convinced of my last camouflage, so I did some more research and I managed to get the opinion of one of the best Italian experts: what I thought was wrong, the dark green areas on fuselage sides do not reach the upper wing.
As shown also by this photo concerning an other 109

exhaust2-vi.jpg

what I understood as paint were instead the very abundant smoke and oil stains.
I've been told that this was typical on the right side of BF 109 because exhausts were not shielded as on left side.

Therefore, instead of starting with decals, I had to modify again the camou, as you can see here:

DSCN1221-vi.jpg

DSCN1220-vi.jpg

DSCN1223-vi.jpg

DSCN1225-vi.jpg

Next step to follow.
Cheers
Alberto

Many thanks to all.
In facts to me, to do models is to try to obtain realistic and historically correct replicas.
So I spend long time in searching for documentation and in working on details.
The above doesn't mean that, at end, my model will end-up as prize-winners, my skills aren't good enough, but I can always say that I did my best and feel satisfied.
But also ready to learn on my errors.
Alberto

Many thanks to all.
In facts to me, to do models is to try to obtain realistic and historically correct replicas.
So I spend long time in searching for documentation and in working on details.
The above doesn't mean that, at end, my model will end-up as prize-winners, my skills aren't good enough, but I can always say that I did my best and feel satisfied.
But also ready to learn on my errors.
Alberto

I can agree to that for me to an extent also Al.I will never build anything that wins in a show but want something that catches the viewers eye and is reasonably correct for they in most cases cannot make that critical distintion.I will make the most notable corrections I hope from research but I have just way to many models to build to spend hours upon hours in research.I like my hands busy and to see the fruits of those efforts.Sorry for the hijack but this seems to be a field of contentsion with some modelers(rivet counters) and those that do it as hobby. ;) Cheers

I can agree to that for me to an extent also Al.I will never build anything that wins in a show but want something that catches the viewers eye and is reasonably correct for they in most cases cannot make that critical distintion.I will make the most notable corrections I hope from research but I have just way to many models to build to spend hours upon hours in research.I like my hands busy and to see the fruits of those efforts.Sorry for the hijack but this seems to be a field of contentsion with some modelers(rivet counters) and those that do it as hobby. ;) Cheers

Well, each modeller is unique, I think.
In my case, my approach to the hobby also means that I spend six months in average to build one and this is good because I don't have space to store them and I'm busy for a long time.
Also, I like the expression "rivet counters": I don't think I'm one of those but either I do something right or I don't. In principle, at least.
Let me explain.
I just started a new project, a Macchi C205V and I'm considering to show flaps in lowered position.
I don't know, yet, if I will be able to do them but my goal is to make them almost like in the original drawing

flap-vi.jpg

including the 15 ribs, ore glue them retracted.
Cheers
Alberto

I also built bf109 model few years ago but this is masterpiece compared to my bf109, very detailed. Good job Alberto.

Last edited:
I tell you what Al I will just call mine the Persian rug flaw.You know..........that only Allah can make something perfect :D Cheers

First of all nice job on the Me109. I'm also working on a hasegawa. Me190 G-10

I'm with a modeling club, famous at building this sort of stuff.

Dit you airbrush? Of so nice job, if not.. also nice job :p

The only thing i'm kind of missing in the aircraft is a litle depth. More depth in the painting i mean.

Like pre-shading techniques and weathering techniques as a finisher.

i wil post an example of what i mean of preshading.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8OWoBYukSs

greetings

Johan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back