1:32 Hasegawa BF 109 G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Your English is fine Alberto. And remember, Australians are still learning it ....... I'll run away now !!

Hi,
going back to modelling, I finally completed the engine department based on the Aires kit plus some wiring.
I must say that has been a challenge, at least for me.
I was expecting troubles in combining the the MDC cockpit with the Aires bulkhead, see my previous posts, but I was really surprised by how complicate was to convince the Aires engine to go together with Aires cowling parts.
By the way, after filing, trimming and adjusting I got the following result:
DSCN1151-vi.jpg
DSCN1153-vi.jpg
DSCN1154-vi.jpg

I also wanted to try the p.e. "Erla" Detailed Canopy issued by RB Production
RBP32005-vi.jpg

and I must say that Radu Brinzan did a very nice job.
DSCN1155-vi.jpg

DSCN1157-vi.jpg

DSCN1156-vi.jpg

There are still a number of details to be added before and after painting, including the Galland Panzer and the retaining lanyard but this canopy is a real model-in-the-model.

So I'm almost ready to start painting.
Some more pictures will follow.
Cheers
Albertol

Looks real good Al :thumbleft: Did you use CA to put the canopy together?Cheers
Yes, I used CA. It worked very well with the brass p.e. parts as well as with the transparent styrene.
What I also did was to use 0.3 mm thick styrene instead of supplied 0.1 mm, this in order to get more rigidity to the assembly.
I know that 0.3 mm times 32 means a 9.6 mm thick glass, but it is still much better then the Hase kit part which is between 1 and 1.5 mm thick.
Alberto

Hi,
a little, very little step forward: I managed to add glasses to the Revi Gunsight
DSCN1159-vi.jpg

DSCN1160-vi.jpg

but, before installing it into the dashboard, I replaced the main glass and added little leather cushion on the pilot side

DSCN1176-vi.jpg

DSCN1181-vi.jpg

Now I can add the front part of the canopy and start considering to paint the bird.
I apologize for the bad quality of some photos, but I find difficult to get the right focus on small subjects with my camera.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi,
here I'm again!
I finally completed the basic painting, including insignia on fuselage and wings.
I decided to paint the latter for two main reasons:
1) the ANR fasces on upper wings had to be symmetrical and this wasn't available on my decals sheet, so I made myself the relevant masks. For fuselage and under-wing I used Montex mask.
2) I also wanted to reduce the number of issues normally linked to decals

Here are some pictures:
DSCN1186-vi.jpg

DSCN1194-vi.jpg

DSCN1190-vi.jpg

DSCN1189-vi.jpg

DSCN1191-vi.jpg

DSCN1192-vi.jpg

DSCN1188-vi.jpg

Next will be apply the chevrons (mask or decal?) and all small decals; add all little details and some weathering.
Any comment or suggestion is more then welcome.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back