1:32 Hasegawa BF 109 G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi to all,
some more research plus info got from an Italian forum ended-up the the panel in question, called ZSK 244 A, was factory fitted to all Gustavs even if, being removable, it could have been removed on the field.
So I decided to install it, it shouldn't be historically wrong.
I also decided to assembly and install the 300 litre auxiliary tank. Isn't shown in my picture of reference, but it was installed frequently on ANR machines so, again, it shouldn't be wrong.
I hope to be able to post some more pictures within tomorrow.
Alberto

I forgot to mention that I found a website, new to me, where many WW2 German instruments are presented
http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/instrumente/katalog/Schaltkasten/Schaltkasten.htm

Last edited:
Look'in good there Al and some nice research.I have wonder about that panel at times myself why some showed and others didn't.

I hope to be able to post some more pictures within tomorrow.
Alberto

Here three photos of the cockpit, almost ready to be fit into the nacelle
DSCN1102-vi.jpg

DSCN1101-vi.jpg

DSCN1104-vi.jpg

Cheers
Alberto

That looks really good there Al it is going to fit the bill really well.Cheers Kevin

Hi,
some more little steps.

Cockpit installed
DSCN1109-vi.jpg
DSCN1108-vi.jpg

Revi Gunsight and U.V. lamps still missing.

The firewall as well
DSCN1121-vi.jpg
DSCN1122-vi.jpg

Engine cowling painted on the basis that in late part of WW2 only steel items were painted in RLM2 while aluminium structures were left unpainted.
DSCN1113-vi.jpg
DSCN1129-vi.jpg

On the lower cowling I added some details, both internal and external
DSCN1114-vi.jpg
DSCN1116-vi.jpg

In the mean time, I did some work on wings, rudder and auxiliary tank.

DSCN1111-vi.jpg

DSCN1110-vi.jpg

DSCN1117-vi.jpg

Finally, before starting to work on the engine compartment, I needed to create from scratch the 50 litre oil tank that, according to documentation, was fitted by Erla on G-14 built along side with G-10.
oiltank0001-vi.jpg
605d_oiltank-vi.jpg

DSCN1118copy-vi.jpg
DSCN1120copy-vi.jpg

Some more will follow according to my progress.
Comment and suggestions are always welcome.
Alberto

Holy smokes man, that's some excellent detailing! It looks like you've even got the clear section of pipe in the fuel line running through the cockpit.

Looking forward to more!

Very impressive detailling. All what I avoid usually. :rolleyes:

Well, detailing is the part of modelling I like most: it gives me the illusion of building a real replica of the original object.
This is not to say that I really manage to get replica done, but I like to try.
Additionally, this level of detailing imply that, even if can dedicate several hours per day to my hobby (I'm retired), it will take me many months to finish a project and that's is good, because I don't have too much space at home to store my models.
Alberto

By the way, many thank all for nice comments.

Welcome to the club of retired men Al 49.
Space to stow away models is an ever present problem. Solved it partially by exhibitting my older ones in the nearby Technik Museum of Speyer. There they rest behind glass guarded by security men. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back