1:32 Hasegawa BF 109 G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More please....:D

Well,
the assembly of the cockpit was in stall due to my difficulties to understand rudder pedals, now I got some very good indications from Wojtek and I can go on so, may be tonight, I will be able to post some new pictures.
Alberto

I just took a few pictures of the cockpit as the work progress
DSCN1092-vi.jpg
DSCN1093-vi.jpg

DSCN1094-vi.jpg
DSCN1096-vi.jpg

DSCN1098-vi.jpg

I still have to add safety belts, that I'm trying to get from tin foil, some more little details and, very important, some weathering.
Cheers
Alberto

I everybody,
I need some help, again.
The MDC cockpit kit also includes a little panel that should represent the one I highlighted in red in this very nice picture taken from the "109 Lair" website
G6Cockpitpanel-vi.jpg

But the photo refers to a G-6 and, besides many researches on my books and on the web, I was unable to get a confirmation that this panel was installed on the G-14 as well.
The Hasegawa kit isn't including anything similar.
What do you think?
Many thanks in advance.
Alberto

The additional ZSK panel ( the bomb jettison selection panel ) was mounted for these aircraft that carried bombs. As memo serves most of G-14s had R1 and R6 mounts added manufactured. So it means that there was a possibility of adding ET bomb rack or two underwing additional MK 151 cannons. So if there were R1 sets used the panel had to be. However I found a pic of G-6 cockpit without the one.

Attachments

• Bf109 G-6 cockpit panel.jpg
    Bf109 G-6 cockpit panel.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Yes, a similar panel is often included in Bf109E kits, as part of the main panel. It should only really be on the E-7 in this case, or later E4/B. On the G, as Wojtek mentioned, it should only be fitted if the bomb rack and bomb is used. Note that the pic you posted is of a Finnish aircraft, which were from a Jabo unit, and the pic posted by Wojtek lacks the cover for the cannon breech, with only the brackets and electrical circuit connectors in place.

Thanks to all!
In fact, as far as I know, the machine I'm trying to replicate was a standard machine supplied to ANR (Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana) to be used as a fighter, not as a jabo so, generally speaking, was fitted with at least a 300 litre auxiliary tank (Rüstsätze 3).
Even if isn't shown in the only photo I have, It's likely that in a different instance, she could have had it installed.
BF109G14Miani3-vi.jpg

So, if Rüstsätze 3 was used also to jettison this tank, it should be there.
I will investigate
Alberto

Alberto, as far as I know, the R3 pack included the wiring in the STC rack for bomb and drop tank release, the rack being dual-purpose. Therefore it's fairly certain that the switch panel would be installed, as it was on the E4/B and E7 with drop tank.
It might be that the bomb arming switches were omitted, but the panel would be the same shape etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back