1:32 Hasegawa BF 109 G-14 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally, before starting to work on the engine compartment, I needed to create from scratch the 50 litre oil tank that, according to documentation, was fitted by Erla on G-14 built along side with G-10.
oiltank0001-vi.jpg
605d_oiltank-vi.jpg

DSCN1118copy-vi.jpg
DSCN1120copy-vi.jpg

Alberto

Hi,
hi have some problems with my 50 litre oil tank: it doesn't fit well to the DB 605 engine from the Aires kit.
Even after some adjustments it's still a bit off. Pipes interfere with the gear box.
This very likely means that my design is incorrect, does anybody have a drawing of this tank?
A good picyure will be helpful as well.
Typically this oil tank was used with DB 605 D engine.
Thanks in advance
Alberto

Hi,
hi have some problems with my 50 litre oil tank: ....
Alberto

So, thanks to a friend from an Italian forum, I got some hints on how this tank should be.
The basic point was that the upper round portion was much thinner then I thought, so I modified it and now it works.
DSCN1143-vi.jpg

On top of the above I worked on wing and, now, I can say that she start take shape:
DSCN1131-vi.jpg

In detail, I spent a lot of time in adding rivets
DSCN1133copy-vi.jpg

I replaced radiator flaps with new ones from an Eduard kit
DSCN1135-vi.jpg
DSCN1138-vi.jpg

DSCN1139-vi.jpg

and wheel bays
DSCN1141-vi.jpg
DSCN1140-vi.jpg

Additionally, as consequence of the larger oil tank, the front cowling part had the filler hatch in an higher position, so I had to modify my piece.
DSCN1145copy-vi.jpg

I still have to add some rivets on the fuselage as well, that I will resume works on engine compartment.
Cheers
Alberto

Nice work Alberto

Crikey, what a world of difference detail-wise between your kit and the old Revell dog

Well, I must say that's not just the Hasegawa kit that I'm using.
Engine and relevant cowling are from Aires, the cockpit is from MDC and, as I mentioned, wings details are from Eduard. The challenge was to "convince" them to "work" together: specially the Aires bulkhead and the MDC cockpit, but it worked well, at the end.
Additionally, Hasegawa supplied all the movable items (ailerons, rudder etc.) solid with the wings or tailplane, so I had to separate them.
Cheers
Alberto

Some very nice work there Al :thumbleft: Love the flap and rad effect.Cheers Kevin

I agree. Great work Alberto.

How are you doing the rivets? Do you have a special tool?

Hi,
I'm doing rivets with a tool from SBS, see here
toolsbyz63 - www
It works well but, of course, rivets are coming out in negative.
By the way I just understood about the existence of a different system to add rivets, this time in POSITIVE, and I found this company in Czech Republic offering them.
1:32 Positive rivets Silver - eshop.owl-czech.eu
May be I will try them in my next model.
Alberto

Do they bite?...:lol::lol:

Apologize for my bad English!
This little wheel is very similar to what, in Italian, we call "ruota dentata" that in English should translate into cogwheel
But, litterally a "ruota dentata" is a wheel with teeth...
Alberto

I have seen those positive rivets used some over at LSP Al but would not one then have to fill the seams then?

Apologize for my bad English!
This little wheel is very similar to what, in Italian, we call "ruota dentata" that in English should translate into cogwheel
But, litterally a "ruota dentata" is a wheel with teeth...
Alberto

Your English is fine. It's Wayne's joke that was bad!

Thanks for the info. I have a ponce wheel that I "borrowed" from my Mum who used to mark sewing patterns with it. Not as good as your tool no doubt but it does a fair job.

:oops: Sorry....

Wayne,
there is no reason to be sorry!
My problem is that I spent 36 years working for a multinational company and, consequently, English was my second language and French the third.
Therefore I tend to believe that I know this language, so I don'ask myself if a word I'm using is correct and/or appropriate or invented by myself, may be by adjusting a French one.
Instead I must say that frequenting forums like this give me a wonderful opportunity to practice and learn more, at least in writing.
For speaking I have much less opportunities but that's what happen when you retire.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back