1/32 scale Grumman F4F-3S Wildcatfish (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fighter Jock

Airman
Oct 8, 2010
I think I'm going to do another seaplane build I just finished the Revell 1/32 Arado and that reminded me of a model I built back in the 80s. I took the old Revell F4F-3 Wildcat and added a couple of scratch built pontoons to make it a Wildcatfish. I don't have it any more but if I can find another F4F-3 I'm going to try it again. I will post some progress pictures of this one.

NorfolkSeaplane_VA_Wilcdcatfish.gif

Here is another picture of the plane.
GrummanF4F-3S.gif

Last edited:
Looks like fun. Do you have a set of plans? Any idea how similar the floats are to Kingfisher floats? Keep us posted.

This one got to my curiousity. With a bit of quick work, came up with a comparison. Scale drawings matched up. Looks like same float with different rudder IMHO.
Makes me want to buy 3 Monogram kits and give it a go in 1/48.

Attachments

• DSC01217.jpg
    DSC01217.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC01218.jpg
    DSC01218.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 207
I recently stumbled upon pictures of the Wildcatfish and was thinking how I had to do one. Of course for me it would have to be in 1/72. As id turns out there is a kit (I forget the manufacturer) but it reviews are that the kit itself is rough especially with an MSRP of $20 or so. I was thinking of getting a Academy Wildcat and either scrounging for pontoons or get the crap kit for just the pontoons. In the end it would be a rather expensive model but what the heck. How many Wildcatfish do you see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back