1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes Gerry, getting the wiring runs fitted, and maintaining a scale appearance, would be the biggest problem. But, with 'cut away' panels revealing the interior, lighting shouldn't really be needed.

Words just don't seem adequate enough to describe this level of modelling. I'm a stickler for detail as best I can, but I stand in awe of your skills Gerry.

Jan, Martin, Terry, Gnomey, Meatloaf and Vic, thanks for your continued support of this build.

Meatloaf and Vic, I very much appreciate your comments but I would have to admit that the photos don't necessarily show all the compromises I've had to make on the build. Whoever designed the instructions obviously didn't have all of the parts together before they started, so there are serious contadictions from one issue to the next. Having to cut away parts already installed to be able to fit newer assemblies is not ideal, and the consequent repairs I feel never quite match the original. If this completed build were ever to be entered into competition, I'm sure eagle-eyed judges would spot lots of things that are less than perfect. What I'm hoping for is that the level of detail will compensate, in some way, for the compromises I've had to make.

Having said that, I'm still enjoying the challenges the build throws up and hope that you will continue to enjoy following its progress.

Cheers,

Gerry

Outstanding as usual. I'm pretty sure on the real aircraft, the repairs made late on a Friday before going to the pub or during an early Monday morning hangover weren't up to factory specs.

Geo

I'm sure eagle-eyed judges would spot lots of things that are less than perfect.Cheers, Gerry
I Did spot that the undercarriage is way too stumpy and no fault of yours Gerry

But if anyone has the balls to fault pick and pull down the quality of this build, I say to the fault picker: You have a go and try and do better

Not commenting much but still following this dream build and its looking mint now.

Ian.

Just amazing Gerry. My time is almost zero at the moment but I am trying to look at your build every couple of days...magic!!!

All the best for this Monday too..have a pint for me.

Thanks Ian and Darryl for your kind words. Glad to hear you're able to look in from time to time. Yup, green pints will be supped on Monday (well not literally...).

Slainte,

Gerry

FALSE ALARM ALERT!!

Sorry Guys, but you're going to be disappointed if you've looked in for progress shots on the build. Since I got back I haven't had a chance to get back to it, as there were a number of unrelated issues that needed my attention. That's life for you. It tends to get in the way of what you really want to do. My other issue is the group build I'm involved in which closes in just over two weeks. I suspect that a lot of my efforts will be directed towards that, rather than to the Lanc. However if I can fit in any work on the Lanc over the next couple of weeks I'll post an update. Just thought I'd let you know in case you think I've given up.

Thanks for your patience,

Gerry

I agree with Andy. Looking forward to whatever you can show, whenever you can show it, Gerry.
Like the old man you find on the corner stool in every pub, we'll still be here!

Users who are viewing this thread