1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It appears by the entries in this GB Wayne, that we are all learning something from your builds after all.
I am going to have to get a kit I can just muck around with to try some of your painting techniques tho.
No guts Davidson is what I'm known as. I especially like your aging look on the engine, and what you do in the cockpits.
Pardon me, I am droooling again.

nice Wayne, are the kit cannon barrels badly moulded or those metal ones just so much better ?

Spur of the moment addition to the cockpit stuff, Kit stuff looks pretty good but grabbed 'em anyway.

Ok while I await some additional material from the Big T I perused the collected stuff i had and added some lines in copper wiring to the engine already.

First I added the Coolant tank and plate to the front of the engine, then went on to some wiring....port side one line from the intercooler pump up to the bottom of the intercooler and starboard side added lines radiating from the Oil pump (?) assembly to their approximate 'end' locations, other components will cover some of these lines...
These lines have not been painted yet, wanted you guys to actually see what is added before painting them...

Thanks again fellas for your interest and comments! :D

Attachments

• 85_Coolant Tank  Plate_1170.jpg
    85_Coolant Tank Plate_1170.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 86_Pump Line_1167.jpg
    86_Pump Line_1167.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 87_Engine Wiring_1175.jpg
    87_Engine Wiring_1175.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Looking great Wayne :)......but it neeeds.......more wires :D (so much so that you'll have to peel off some because it won't fit into the plane! :D

Looking great Wayne :)......but it neeeds.......more wires :D (so much so that you'll have to peel off some because it won't fit into the plane! :D

More wires to come! Already pulled one off I fitted...when I tried to test fit the outer frame the new wire was in the way!

Thanks Igor and karl.

Thanks Guys!

added the overflow drain pipe to the framing for the coolant tank threaded this through and anchored it to the firewall it neatly lines up with fitting in behind the tank mounted to the engine.....and painted it too, the silver coloured wire with the black sleeve connectors and clamps....

Attachments

• 88_Coolant Drain Pipe _0424.jpg
    88_Coolant Drain Pipe _0424.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Back