1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think there's a word for this.... a koodlemoodle. Like a bowl of spaghetti.... you can't find the end !

Charles

Spaghetti was the first thing that came to my mind. Real cool Wayne and I don't envy you having to try and find the right way to fit it.

The fitting as is will be no problem already done a test fit of the sections, it's adding extra's that can be seen and not having interference, for instance the plug leads directly under the exhausts...the exhaust frame effectively covers the top portion of the outlets...so trying to squeeze them in will only lead to the exhaust frame part not fitting in place.....I will ponder further...

I might be passing Derby next week - want me to ask RR to send an engineer over?!!

That might help, Terry!:D

Thanks for your comments Guys!

Ok some further upgrading of the Engine bearers and pipes with some more paint and light wash, and dry fitted to the firewall for good measure!

Attachments

• 80_Engine Support Painted_0387.jpg
    80_Engine Support Painted_0387.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 81_Engine Support Painted_0391.jpg
    81_Engine Support Painted_0391.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 82_Engine Bearers  Firewall_0401.jpg
    82_Engine Bearers Firewall_0401.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 84
Good stuff Wayne. Have a squiz at the colour pics I sent, which should show the colours of the individual metal pipes and rubber hoses. If you need any further pics, let me know, as I've found some I took of the BBMF Spit engines (both sides) when I did the AV show for them, and also a good B&W wartime pic of the MkIX's engine.

Dances* yeah got them up for you :D Enjoy:

RSCN4840.jpg

RSCN4839.jpg

RSCN4838.jpg

RSCN4837.jpg

DSCN4842.jpg

DSCN4841.jpg

DSCN4832.jpg

Shes looking great so far Wayne, I hope these pics are ok, I tried to take them as macro as possible so you can see them better :) I added the pages with the interior pics, if you need anything blown up in size just let me know :)

Igor

Good stuff Wayne. Have a squiz at the colour pics I sent, which should show the colours of the individual metal pipes and rubber hoses. If you need any further pics, let me know, as I've found some I took of the BBMF Spit engines (both sides) when I did the AV show for them, and also a good B&W wartime pic of the MkIX's engine.

yeah, please send anything that may help...

Looking great, Wayne. Say... just how much of this will be seen by the nosy public ?? Charles

not a bl**dy lot! I'm thinking the side section port side but may leave the starboard off too.....so effectively want to add some of what is seen through these areas.

Dances* yeah got them up for you :D Enjoy:
Shes looking great so far Wayne, I hope these pics are ok, I tried to take them as macro as possible so you can see them better :) I added the pages with the interior pics, if you need anything blown up in size just let me know :) Igor

appreciate your effort Igor.

Thanks ALL for your coments...nothing done today but did fit the major parts together for the review of WHAT I may add....

Attachments

• 83_Engine Dry fit_0393.jpg
    83_Engine Dry fit_0393.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 84_Engine Dry Fit_0397.jpg
    84_Engine Dry Fit_0397.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back