1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sure does. What are you using for the Cockpit Grey Green Wayne? It's probably just the lighting, but it looks a tad too green on my monitor.

Terry it is the Tamiya cockpit green, probably look better if I took the brightness of the lighting down a tad...

Thanks fellas...

Beautiful workmanship as ever Wayne. Sorry I'm only catching up on this one now, I hadn't realised you'd been converted to Spits! It's great to have something to compare my efforts with and will follow this one to the finish.

Sláinte,

Gerry

Thanks Guys...

The current stage of the seat assembly....with padded section in place, added some fill between this and the seat with some paint in and around the sides to simulate the slip over cover...

Attachments

• 68_Seat Assy_0277.jpg
    68_Seat Assy_0277.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 69_Seat Assy_0299.jpg
    69_Seat Assy_0299.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 99
Looking good Wayne now wheres the engine.

Right here....painted with semi-gloss black but a little shiny for my liking...probably a light overspray of matt coat to reduce the sheen a tad...

Attachments

• 70_Engine Painted_0308.jpg
    70_Engine Painted_0308.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 71_Engine Painted_0314.jpg
    71_Engine Painted_0314.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 89
I agree with all. Just a small reduction in the gloss will be perfect Wayne - it really is a nice part. One point on the flare rack on front of the seat. This was basically a wooden block, with holes all the way through to accept the flare cartridges, rather like a tool rack. Would look more convincing in this scale, if you feel the effort worth it, to drill out the 'holes'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back