1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:shock: Great googalimoogali. Finally getting up to speed with this build. That is one impressive engine Wayne. forgive me if I missed this but what is the magnet for in post #159?

Geo

a googa what? :D ....well Geo that's a new one for me..nice, and thanks!

There are a series of small magnets and metal plates in a few locations to hold all the cowling sections in place, so should you wish to display the engine they will simply pull off, don't know how easy that will be though....

Spoke with Terry about the firewall plumbing and he said it is rarely seen and differs from Mark to mark, as well as the possibility of upgrades and modifications....so after checking various photo's i went with a bit of a guestimate and chucked in some "copper" wiring here and there, Terry is right when he says most won't be seen once I get the other stuff attached...so here is what i came up with...bit more paint to come yet...

Thanks for your continued comments...:D

Attachments

• 66_Firewall wiring_1126.jpg
    66_Firewall wiring_1126.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 87
thanks Guys, now have added a bit more paint to the wiring and a bit of my son's warhammer wash to dirty it up a tad and here it is....calling it done!

Attachments

• 67_Firwall Done_0274.jpg
    67_Firwall Done_0274.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 194
Loving the detail Wayne that fire wall looks just great. As usual I'm liking what your doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back