1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, I WILL get it right, a fine brush and steady hand will save the day!

only had time to add the rear part of the sharkmouth today....again wasn't perfect some slicing was in order but this one went down a bit better.

Attachments

• 202_More sharkmouth_2487.jpg
    202_More sharkmouth_2487.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 203_More Sharkmouth_2490.jpg
    203_More Sharkmouth_2490.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 86
Thanks fellas, did the first stage of improving the decals with some initial paint touchups....certainly looks better!:D

Attachments

• 204_Decal Fix_2508.jpg
    204_Decal Fix_2508.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 204_Decal fix_2510.jpg
    204_Decal fix_2510.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 84
  • 206_Decal Fix_2512.jpg
    206_Decal Fix_2512.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 79
Nicely done Wayne. I've never liked large, 'wrap around' or curved decals - always expect (and normally get!) problems with them! Got some large ones to cover the fin and fuselage spine of the 1/32nd scale Hawk, which I'm not looking forward to!

Nice recovery Wayne. I think if you had only posted the solution shot, nobody would have been able to tell you had any problems with the decals.

Cheers,

Gerry

Thanks Guys!

Thought it a Good idea to show the problem and solution for anyone else looking at doing the same markings Gerry!:D

No work on the spitty today...

Started on the decals on the underside of one wing....as i feared some more cracking on the roundel, thankfully the white stayed pretty much intact so fixing the Blue should not be a problem. The stencil decals are different much like standard type tamiya decals, these went on easy and snuggled into panel lines real good!

Attachments

• 207_Lower Wing Decals_2582.jpg
    207_Lower Wing Decals_2582.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 76
Looks like it'll work out OK Wayne. Those ejector slots and gun heating vents are a pain on all Spit models. Just noticed that vent too - they're normally the other way around, but I'd need to check for the MkVIII - surely Tamiya haven't got it wrong !?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back